When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

photoshop help

rocket754

As a last bit of help for my corrected dial project I am calling out for any member that can help me draw in a arrow to the flaws on this dial.

Here is what I need someone to draw arrows to and type the text to the side of the pic.

I have printed out hi res pics on a color printer but would like to have an image to send to the production people so they have it spelled out and something that can be viewed on a computer rather than hardcopy pic.

1. Roman numerals X and XI need to properly alligned

2. The gap between roman numberals IX and X needs to be closed

3. The "swiss made" under the roman numberal VI needs to be spaced properly.

Also included is the gen for reference.

any help is greatly appreciated.

301525-1956.jpg301525-1957.jpg

here is this replica dial pic if you prefer

301525-1958.jpg

Like so?

301552-1953.jpg

Excellent. Thanks for helping here Pug :victory:

My goal is to make these instructions so simple a 2nd grader could understand what I am wanting :lol:

Anything else we should correct??

Just so you know they will be printed on blank non textured dials like the ETA versions of the Santos 100.

I think the fonts seem to ever-so-slightly thick on the rep. Also the top "Cart" is too long. Use as a reference the tick marks. On the gen, the C starts in the vertical plan of the top of the big tick mark, and ends in the vertical plane of the big tick mark to the right. To my eye, the rep extends slightly beyond.

can you get an eps or illustrator file for this dial?

If so, I can try and tweak it to make it close as possible to the gen...

unfortunately, all I have is the pics for the moment. The sample dial has been sent out for production. The texture of the asian sample dial really makes it hard to get a good pic.

It looks like 'I' for 1 o'clock is a little off. Compared to the 1 o'clock tick mark on the gen, it looks like the 'I' should be nudged over to the right a little bit.

Do you have any straight on shots or better pics of the gen? When I get home today from work, I can try to super impose one pic on the other and distort it a little so they line up so you can see exactly what needs to be changed.

*edit*

found this pic. a straight on shot would be better though

post-7390-1187638119_thumb.jpg

*edit2*

both side by side to help compare. I used fauxto.com.

302679-1407.jpg

Edited by jdub765

ok, so I did the overlay and it looks like the rep is off in a lot of places. The genuine is in red with the rep as the background.

I included everyone's comments, including Kollektor's, though it seems that it isn't that the font is too thick, but is too short.

There are way more differences than we thought. lol

*edit* removed because V had an error

NOTE: The bottom left of VIII is a little distorted from the angled shot.

Edited by jdub765

No problem ;) I'm glad to help, and it'd be nice to know that a good dial is available if I ever get a Santos...

Why not just take in a pic of the gen and have them make it from the picture? or do they have to modify an existing pattern?

Edited by jdub765

No problem ;) I'm glad to help, and it'd be nice to know that a good dial is available if I ever get a Santos...

Why not just take in a pic of the gen and have them make it from the picture? or do they have to modify an existing pattern?

if only it was that easy. They basically would need a hi res scan of the gen dial but since nobody has a dial to donate this is our only alternative. The dial I took out of the cheap asain santos was about as good as it's gets but it needs to be printed on swiss dial blanks and hopefully I will have a picture of a prototype for all to quality control in the near future.

The problem will also be that I won't have very many to sale so first come first serve when I get em..... :(

what resolution does it need to be at? I can try to clean up the original 1280x960 wallpaper to be used as a gen dial. It might take an hour or two to remove the hands and clean up the distortion, but if it's high enough resolution, I can do it.

Also, do you have any more left? I might as well buy one if I'm gonna do the work. lol

I cleaned up the dial from the wallpaper. I realized way late that I had been editing on the small version (LOL), but I hope it can help somehow.

If a 940px x 940px version of this pic will help, I can redo the clean up.

303919-320.jpg

Edited by jdub765

Great work :thumbsupsmileyanim:

I'm wondering about the size too... I've been told by someone that the size is 38mm but most dealers seem to have a midsize (33mm) and a full size at 42mm... which is correct?

Anyone want to buy the genuine to get this done, and then return it afterwards ? ;)

I don't think I can pull off a 42mm since I've read that the band sticks out quite a bit, so I'm curious as to whether or not this is for a 38mm as well.

If someone buys a gen, and has access to a nice camera, I can clean up a picture of the dial.

It has to be straight on, perfectly focused, and the time preferably set to 10:07 w/ the second hand lined up with the minute hand.

I don't think I can pull off a 42mm since I've read that the band sticks out quite a bit, so I'm curious as to whether or not this is for a 38mm as well.

If someone buys a gen, and has access to a nice camera, I can clean up a picture of the dial.

It has to be straight on, perfectly focused, and the time preferably set to 10:07 w/ the second hand lined up with the minute hand.

I know some people with smaller wrists have bought this watch and not had a problem, perhaps you just need to try it at an AD and see if it is for you.

I'm not sure if there are 2 versions, or if it is 38mm with the crown making it 42mm perhaps? I've read that the Chrono version is 41mm-43mm and it's supposed to look quite a bit larger than the standard Santos 100.