When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Closest to the gen

GFish

Omega Seamaster Pro 300m. Absolutely without a doubt.

I agree. My SMP bracelet has been resized in a Omega AD and the watch has been compared side to side with a genuine Seamaster Pro. The owner didn't notice a thing. Two fellow watchsmiths have handled the watch, wondered about the heavy weight and solid feel. And of course didn't have slightest clue it was a rep.

You can be 100% comfortable with that rep anywhere.

45128-37348.jpg

I agree. My SMP bracelet has been resized in a Omega AD and the watch has been compared side to side with a genuine Seamaster Pro. The owner didn't notice a thing. Two fellow watchsmiths have handled the watch, wondered about the heavy weight and solid feel. And of course didn't have slightest clue it was a rep.

You can be 100% comfortable with that rep anywhere.

But there's no way to get this rep anymore unless it's used from another member right?

But there's no way to get this rep anymore unless it's used from another member right?

I'm not sure what differencies the "new batch" SMP has (except the bracelet screws). The pearl wasn't great in the old batch, either. Apparently nobody who saw my watch paid any attention to the pearl.

If the bracelet screw/pin issue is the only difference I'd say go for the new one. It's still amazing.

PS: What a funny coincidence, I just finished putting this together:

http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?showtopic=4509&hl=

My Asian Bond GMT has a pointy hour hand, not the flatter kind as in the gen. Also, my bezel for some reason has 80 clicks and uses a metal pin on a coil spring to "click" rather than the wire that wraps around like in By-Tor's guide.

Also, the He valve is wrong as everyone knows. There was a batch that had the correct He valve placement.

That's why I voted my Exp2 as closest - I think the only flaws are the crown guards and the non-equilateral GMT pointer, but nobody can spot those without a gen side by side.

Edited by GhostfaceZX

Hands down, the closest rep out of the box is the 2892 FM conquistador--the only "flaws" are the nearly dead on crown, and the slightly rough engraving on the back. Even the movement inside is almost exact.

Hands down, the closest rep out of the box is the 2892 FM conquistador--the only "flaws" are the nearly dead on crown, and the slightly rough engraving on the back. Even the movement inside is almost exact.

I agree completely!

This is the only rep I own that I would wear in to any AD (except an FM AD) :whistling: