When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

and van halen is back !

2005SUBMARINER

yep my favorite guitarist & band are back together after many years of fighting & lots of BS .

now eddie , dave , alex & eddie's son wolfgang will be rocking the arenas once again ! :band1:

they will be here in NYC madison sq garden in nov , 13 .. would love to see those guys but the ticket prices are ridiculas ! floor seats cost about the same as a new gen submariner ! :bangin:

no can do for me .. but cant wait to hear new VH material ..

you tube vh reunion .

Edited by 2005SUBMARINER

This is good news as I've always wanted to see the band with Dave, but I just can't do it unless the ticket prices are decent. I mean, this is sort of the "used" version of the band, they are all pretty old, one might even say, vintage. Condition has to be around 75% with lots of scatches from 20 years,,,,and probably not keeping great time. I'm actually into it, but will not pay anything crazy for tickets.

dude the prices are crazy ! floor seats cost as much as a new gen sub ..

i wont pay $300 for top row seats man ! cant see nothin ..

but ill wait till they come out with a new dvd of the reunion tour !

DAY DATE CITY VENUE TICKETS VIP

Thu 09.27 Charlotte, NC Charlotte Bobcats Arena Sold Out Sold Out

Sat 09.29 Greensboro, NC Greensboro Coliseum ON SALE NOW Sold Out

Mon 10.01 Philadelphia, PA Wachovia Center Sold Out Sold Out

Wed 10.03 Philadelphia, PA Wachovia Center ON SALE NOW ON SALE NOW

Sun 10.07 Toronto, ON Air Canada Centre Sold Out Sold Out

Fri 10.12 Toronto, ON Air Canada Centre ON SALE NOW ON SALE NOW

Wed 10.10 Cleveland, OH Quicken Loans Arena ON SALE TBA TBA

Sun 10.14 Indianapolis, IN Conseco Field House ON SALE TBA TBA

Tue 10.16 Rosemont, IL Allstate Arena ON SALE NOW Sold Out

Thu 10.18 Chicago, IL United Center ON SALE NOW Sold Out

Mon 10.22 Auburn Hills, MI Palace of Auburn Hills ON SALE NOW Sold Out

Wed 10.24 Minneapolis, MN Target Center ON SALE TBA TBA

Fri 10.26 Kansas City, MO Sprint Center ON SALE TBA TBA

Sun 10.28 St. Louis, MO Scottrade Center ON SALE TBA TBA

Tue 10.30 Boston, MA TD Banknorth Garden ON SALE TBA TBA

Sat 11.03 E. Rutherford, NJ Continental Airlines Arena ON SALE TBA TBA

Wed 11.07 Uniondale, NY Nassau Coliseum ON SALE TBA TBA

Tue 11.13 New York, NY Madison Square Garden ON SALE TBA TBA

Tue 11.20 Los Angeles, CA Staples Center ON SALE TBA TBA

Fri 11.23 Glendale, AZ Jobing.Com Arena ON SALE TBA TBA

Sun 11.25 San Diego, CA Cox Arena ON SALE TBA TBA

Tue 11.27 Sacramento, CA Arco Arena ON SALE TBA TBA

Thu 11.29 San Jose, CA HP Pavilion at San Jose ON SALE TBA TBA

Sat 12.01 Portland, OR Rose Garden ON SALE TBA TBA

Mon 12.03 Seattle, WA Key Arena ON SALE TBA TBA

Wed 12.05 Vancouver, BC General Motors Place ON SALE TBA TBA

Sun 12.09 Edmonton, AB Rexall Place ON SALE TBA TBA

Tue 12.11 Calgary, AB Pengrowth Saddledome ON SALE TBA TBA

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edited by 2005SUBMARINER

• 3 months later...
yep my favorite guitarist & band are back together after many years of fighting & lots of BS .

now eddie , dave , alex & eddie's son wolfgang will be rocking the arenas once again ! :band1:

they will be here in NYC madison sq garden in nov , 13 .. would love to see those guys but the ticket prices are ridiculas ! floor seats cost about the same as a new gen submariner ! :bangin:

no can do for me .. but cant wait to hear new VH material ..

you tube vh reunion .

I fought the urge and fought the urge, but broke down and bought some tickets the day before the show. (Vancouver) Good seats were released and 3 buddies and myself went. I don't want to rub it in, but it was brilliant! Just a good old fashioned rock n roll show. Dave was fantastic! Such a showman. It was great to see Eddie sober. His playing was spot on! Great to hear "I'll wait", "Panama", "Ain't talking bout love".

Did they play any Hagar-era stuff?

Nope, just classic DLR material.

The setlist was unbelievable!

You Really Got Me

I'm the One

Runnin' With the Devil

Romeo Delight

Somebody Get Me a Doctor

Beautiful Girls

Dance the Night Away

Atomic Punk

Everybody Wants Some

So This Is Love?

Mean Street

Pretty Woman

Unchained

I'll Wait

And the Cradle Will Rock

Hot for Teacher

Little Dreamer

Little Guitars

Jamie's Cryin'

Ice Cream Man

Panama

Eddie's Solo (incl. "Women in Love" intro, "Cathedral", "Eruption")

Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love

Encore

Jump

I guess a review from the paper would be in order too!

Review: Vancouver Province

by Stuart Derdeyn

Everybody wants some!

Party rockers still got it going on

Grade: A-

- - -

Van Halen Kicks A--!

That was the very first T-shirt I saw coming up the stairs. The second one to draw my attention was the giant guy with "Got Roth" on the front of his T along with "David Lee Roth IS Van Halen." Well, he certainly is an essential ingredient.

But there is that guitar player.

Seeing Eddie Van Halen pull out his bag of tricks just might never grow old. The guitarist's arsenal of creative techniques and sonic vocabulary on the six strings is still astounding. He doesn't so much approach his leads as he uncoils them, striking out in all directions with one underlying goal: The Killer Riff.

Beginning with "You Really Got Me," the group tore into the show like it had something to prove. The already shirtless and sweaty Eddie drove into the Kinks' classic with gusto, Roth nailed one of his signature tornado kicks in the first 90 seconds and Alex Van Halen pounded like a neanderthal on a wooly mammoth's skull.

What of young Wolfgang Van Halen, Eddie's son and the replacement for the band's longtime bassist, Michael Anthony?

Well, besides the fact that Baby Rock is living out just about the coolest family vacation anyone could ask for, he was also up to the job. Particularly nailing all of those three-part harmonies that make a tune like "Dance the Night Away" rise over the ordinary.

Not that the sold-out crowd would've been bothered by the group pulling out some of its few filler tunes from the Roth era. A more devoted group of motorcycle enthusiasts, working dudes and headbangers would've been hard to find. Where Sunday's Spice Girls reunion was at about a five-to-one ratio of girls to boys, last night at GM Place was the exact reverse. They came to pah-tay with their fave pardy rawkers. Which meant the occasional flaring of tempers and heated exchanges -- or worse.

Hey, did you know that they have emergency seat covers to deal with those nasty occasions when a tad too much of that whiskey you took home decides to free itself? Now I do.

Standing or staggering, one thing was for sure. There was no embarrassment in playing air guitar along with "Little Dreamer" or that sledgehammer progression in "Everybody Wants Some." This is the band that made many an OK guitar player just retire their instruments altogether and leave the solos to the experts.

There certainly were a good many opportunities to hear Eddie cut loose, too. In a set list that heavily favoured the group's first four albums, the quartet pulled out surprises such as "Atomic Punk" and "Somebody Get Me a Doctor," alongside classics such as "Unchained" and "Beautiful Girls." Roth and Van Halen looked fighting fit and like they were having a genuinely good time on stage together. Ever fighting the urge to release his inner lounge singer, Roth just couldn't stop smiling: at his fellow players, at the audience, at the idea of being back on top again.

From the clean and crisp sound mix to the well-shot megatronic video screen, there wasn't a thing out of place last night. Well, OK, Alex Van Halen has a drum kit straight out of Freaks & Geeks with not one, not two, but six bass drums, and the stage had this big runway that hardly was used. Minor quibbles.

Fri, 02/08/08

08:00 PM New Orleans Arena

New Orleans, LA

Got mine the day they went on sale. First row OFF the floor. The floor tix were rediculous in price. But, it should be good.

Years ago, about 83 or something, I had tix for the Fair Warning Tour in Biloxi, MS. That day, I woke with 104 fever, my friends were outside honking the horn, I had the tix in my hands, but just couldn't do it. So, I've been waiting a long time for this. I wouldn't do the Van Hagar thing...only Dave will do.

:band1: