When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Tool watches

tmg

I was goofing around the other and day took these shots -hope you enjoy them.

This is a MKII Watches modified Marathon Navigator homage to the Benurus Type II. The Type II was a US issue non-magentic sterile watch for US Special Forces, Navy SEAL's/UDT and CIA members.

301849-1846.jpg

My gen Tudor 7016/0 military (or snowflake) Submariner was a favorite of many sailors and frogmen of course.

301849-1847.jpg

here's another (possible) viet nam vet ;)

seiko 6105's were a true 150m divers watch and cost about 1/3 the price of a sub at the PX during the viet nam war. a lot were sold to special forces and military divers because they were affordable. the watch martin sheen wears in 'apocalypse now' is a seiko 6105 diver on the original waffle rubber strap. since this particular one was manufactured in april of 1970 it's certainly possible it could have seen some action.

302183-1755.jpg

That Tudor is awesome.

Poor me, starting to grow on me too !

I hope I will live long enough to get all these beauties on my list...

Thanks for sharing,

Cheers

Stephane

Thanks Stephane,

This is one Submariner that is still quite affordable, grab on while you can.

Mine was a wedding anniversary gift from my wife a few years ago. I had the bezel replaced as it was trashed and a Superdome T19 put on it. It also has an old twinlock crown :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Thanks Stephane,

This is one Submariner that is still quite affordable, grab on while you can.

Mine was a wedding anniversary gift from my wife a few years ago. I had the bezel replaced as it was trashed and a Superdome T19 put on it. It also has an old twinlock crown :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Affordable ?

Well, for sure more than a genuine 1665 but when I look at my budget & projects these days, I should wait for another year :(

Affordable ?

Well, for sure more than a genuine 1665 but when I look at my budget & projects these days, I should wait for another year :(

Well affordable is a relative term :D I should have said more affordable than a 5513.

They keep going up, I've noticed Tudor Subs are selling on average for ~$300-$500 more than they were a year ago.