When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Battle of the UPO's

ssabripo

The main thing to look at is the pearl. See how on the UPO it looks to be recessed into the metal ring, whereas on the wrist shot version, it is more of a blob. Also the crown doesn't look all that sharp, but it could just be the angle of the picture. I may be wrong but I also can't see the orange border on the black triangle where the pearl is, whereas the gen and the UPO have this.

ahh....thanks guys...you are right!

here is silix' one:

302536-1541.jpg

here is mine:

302536-1542.jpg

Dimension: 45MM x 14MM, Movement: ETA-2836/2824 automatic.

so I assume that besides the couple of aesthetic differences (pearl, border on triangle, etc), it should be just as good as a uPO...........right? I did notice the new version has the correct logo on the Silix picture.

Edited by ssabripo

Thanks for your reply, where did you send it? how much is going to cost you? will you post some pic after the work is done, I really would like to do that with mine, I was thinking swap the logo I mean just the logo dial I recently bouhgt a Jay's correct logo dial but it seems pretty different the hole dial compare to the UPO. and the next step is the AR crystal Im not quite sure if I can swap just the logo without any problem do you think is posible?

Thank you again for your repy.

Edited by CegaRazoR

I have sent mine offf to have the feet chopped off of the logo, a dial relume, and double AR. That will be pretty much indistinguishable then.

Thanks for your reply, where did you send it? how much is going to cost you? will you post some pic after the work is done, I really would like to do that with mine, I was thinking swap the logo I mean just the logo dial I recently bouhgt a Jay's correct logo dial but it seems pretty different the hole dial compare to the UPO. and the next step is the AR crystal Im not quite sure if I can swap just the logo without any problem do you think is posible?

Thank you again for your repy.

I'm in the UK, so the modder here wouldn't really be the best option for you. There are a few very good modders in the USA who might do the same sort of thing for you!

Il PM you about the price.

As soon as the AR run goes ahead and I get the crystals refitted Il post some pics! Probably be a few months yet though.

As far as swapping the logo, I can't really say as I am not a modder myself. I know they are possible to remove, but compatiblility and how they are fixed etc... I don't have any knowledge of, sorry.