When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Who's got this watch?

plaifender

Browsing watchsilix.com last night and saw that he has some chronomat EVO 21js for $62. Anyone have one of these? What's the quality like? Also it says working subdials... I thought that Asian 21js were not chrono movements... I was expecting the subdials on this watch to be non-functioning.. but it says they function... Does anyone have experience with this watch? here's a link: http://www.watchsilix.com/product.asp?id=1898

Browsing watchsilix.com last night and saw that he has some chronomat EVO 21js for $62. Anyone have one of these? What's the quality like? Also it says working subdials... I thought that Asian 21js were not chrono movements... I was expecting the subdials on this watch to be non-functioning.. but it says they function... Does anyone have experience with this watch? here's a link: http://www.watchsilix.com/product.asp?id=1898

" all working subdials.." That normally means that the subdials moves and are not fixed in position. No chronograph on this one. The subdial spacing also looks a bit off for a 7750.

Nice case and bezel though, a good buy if you are on a budget.

I will add a note about this version to my BCE review. :)

" all working subdials.." That normally means that the subdials moves and are not fixed in position. No chronograph on this one. The subdial spacing also looks a bit off for a 7750.

Nice case and bezel though, a good buy if you are on a budget.

I will add a note about this version to my BCE review. :)

How can the subdials move if there is no chrono graph? I'm confuse by what you mean.. Clearly the subs are painted.. but i was thinking that they were probably glued or locked into a specific position that cannot be changed. Does the long chrono seconds hand move or stay in the 7o'clock position like the photo?

in my opinion you should not get this watch. the pearl looks really bad and its really not accurate at all. if you are on a tight budget i would suggest you save up for the bce with the asian 7750 or alot of times you can find one for sale here at a nice price.

Just to make things clear, I was not planning on buying this watch. The EVO is great, but for me it's much more worth it to buy silix's ASFSO for 100bucks (i'm looking for cheap right now). My real question was only concerning whether or not anyone has this EVO or any first-hand experience with it.

How can the subdials move if there is no chrono graph? I'm confuse by what you mean.. Clearly the subs are painted.. but i was thinking that they were probably glued or locked into a specific position that cannot be changed. Does the long chrono seconds hand move or stay in the 7o'clock position like the photo?

I suppose that two of the subdials can be moved by pushing the pusher buttons and that one of the subdials is a 24-hour dial, following the main time hands. On the same time, the running seconds hand is the long center seconds hand. This is the normal functions on the cheaper, mechanical Daytona replicas.

Other cheap mechanical chronographs with "functional subdials" have day-date subdials, where the subdials are not chronograps, but are linked to the main time. On most of these these, the running seconds hand is also the long center hand (chrono seconds hand).

Just to make things clear, I was not planning on buying this watch. The EVO is great, but for me it's much more worth it to buy silix's ASFSO for 100bucks (i'm looking for cheap right now). My real question was only concerning whether or not anyone has this EVO or any first-hand experience with it.

Check his gallery - He might let you have that EVO for $20 if you buy the SOSF (though he does say They pick the watch)

Never hurts to ask.

Check his gallery - He might let you have that EVO for $20 if you buy the SOSF (though he does say They pick the watch)

Never hurts to ask.

Would be interesting Giorgio.. especially since no one here seems to have any personal experience with this cheap version EVO... But I chose a Gucci women's watch for my "Freebie" from Silix. A little something for the LADY! :-)

• 2 weeks later...

Just noticed - it's EUR62 not $62 - not so cheap !! :D