When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Maybe a stupid question regarding the screw/lugs...

DP8

Getting my first PAMs here shortly. Wondering about how precisely to unscrew/screw the lugs that hold the straps/clasps, without effing things up? Is there a science behind it? I was wondering if there was a pictorial step-by-step somewhere on the site. Like I said, I did a search, but really didnt know precisely what to search for.

Thanks in advance. And also, a FANTASTIC forum we have here.

Getting my first PAMs here shortly. Wondering about how precisely to unscrew/screw the lugs that hold the straps/clasps, without effing things up? Is there a science behind it? I was wondering if there was a pictorial step-by-step somewhere on the site. Like I said, I did a search, but really didnt know precisely what to search for.

Thanks in advance. And also, a FANTASTIC forum we have here.

FYI... check out the spring bars that resemble screws.. once they are in place you cannot tell the difference ... i use them in almost all the Pams .... check out ebay .. i got mine from a dealer ... good for 24mm and 26mm ..

Thank you for this advice. Is this an easier way to do it, so as to not worry about stripping out the screws?

FYI... check out the spring bars that resemble screws.. once they are in place you cannot tell the difference ... i use them in almost all the Pams .... check out ebay .. i got mine from a dealer ... good for 24mm and 26mm ..

Thank you for this advice. Is this an easier way to do it, so as to not worry about stripping out the screws?

Which Pam are you getting, the film i linked to is for a radiomir case and the spring bars are for the luminor/fiddy cases ect

definately .... or if your screws are stripped already these are great... really cannot tell the difference, they look like identical to the screw version once they are in place.

definately .... or if your screws are stripped already these are great... really cannot tell the difference, they look like identical to the screw version once they are in place.

The spring bars are really easy to use, eliminate the need for tubes and are easily purchased from River for 44 and 47mm PAMs.

All you need is one end of a paperclip :p