When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

1665 inserts with correct sized 'small' hole to fit gen pearl?

docblackrock

I had good luck last week putting two of the watchesandparts NOS lume dots in two inserts- one was the Paul DRSD and the other was the 5513 w/ the Explorer dial. In both cases, I popped out the old dots and the new ones just pressed in. Then I took off the bezel with the insert still in place and added a drop of glue from the back side.

You could also try the illumes dots from ofrei- at $10 each they are cheaper than the one from watchesandparts which ran $27 each by the time they got here to the USA.

I had good luck last week putting two of the watchesandparts NOS lume dots in two inserts- one was the Paul DRSD and the other was the 5513 w/ the Explorer dial. In both cases, I popped out the old dots and the new ones just pressed in. Then I took off the bezel with the insert still in place and added a drop of glue from the back side.

You could also try the illumes dots from ofrei- at $10 each they are cheaper than the one from watchesandparts which ran $27 each by the time they got here to the USA.

I need the insert not the pearl. Anyway, I have a spare pearl from that HK seller and it's not quite 100% as the genuine pearl, comparing side by side.

Thanks Mickey - recall that thread but couldn't remember who, where etc.