When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Wrist shots of the Costeau Diver, have ye?

gioarmani

No wrist shot here. Sorry :)

It is very close to the 44PAM's (hey it is 44, right!). But there is less metal around the big bezel and the lugs are lower making it look smaller (no crown guard too..). The double AR sapphire is an attention grabber but the IWC styling (simple and elegant) helps to keep things in control. It feels a lot smaller than a big planet ocean, despite the marginal 1.5mm difference.

What is your current favorite watch?

I spend a lot of time in the pool or at the beach; currently, it's a toss up between my SMP chrono & my 16610LV. Oddly, the Pam051 is my favorite for lap swimming.

Still looking for some wrist shots, though...

Edited by gioarmani

I think the one with the wooden back looks much more special than the new one that is due to release

thanks Slay,

the colours on the dial and bezel do look great though ..... supposedly the maker has a genuine and is still trying to get the orange and inner bezel lume correct ... seems like orange is a challenge to these guy's .. if it were chinese red there would be no problem huh...LOL

but there is a lot of appeal to the current edition. some minor flaws as i saw in the great review that a member posted but i can live with that .. it's a great looking watch

My wrists are probably at least as skinny as yours, Gio....I'd be shocked if they weren't. The Cousteau doesn't look that bad on smaller wrists, IMO. It's a funny watch. Looks bad on skinny wrists in pics, but what I've noticed is if you're looking at it straight on, it looks oversized, but if you look at a slight profile, it's much better. Here's a 'profile' wrist shot for you..

304975-627.jpg

And here's one 'straight on':

304975-628.jpg

I also noticed that you're thinking about waiting for the newer version. Personally, I wouldn't. The old one with mostly blue and white is a really nice combo. I had initially wanted to wait for the orange and white subdial version, but am glad that I didn't go with that one. The Cousteau piece of wood on the caseback is really cool too. Our watches are usually 'coolest' when they've got a story behind them, I find. I like the '06 version because of the story you can tell about it. To each his own, though.....

Edited by mezzanine

Is the new release simply an upgraded version of this one:

305328-426.jpg

Or are you talking about this one:

305328-427.jpg

I was refering to the orange dial... but there is somehting to be said of the 06 being less "busy", and if anyone has the time I would like to hear the "story " behind it.. the 07 is supposed to be out in late sept. but I ordered the blue dial .. thanks to the pics everyone has been posting... kept coming back for another look, really a good looking pc. ... so i just went ahead and ordered it..