When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New B&R Phantom on CQout

MADRED7

You could buy it over there, why waiting one of our dealers ?

This one is very reliable, no doubt. I bought twice from him.

The spelling mistake is really a shame, I can't understand theses things still happen with the new generation of reps. Maybe a swap with an other caseback or a complete brushing would do the trick ?

And no fake Swiss ETA... :whistling:

Beware, that's NOT Luminova.

I guess it's the same point as for the orange one... Something inexpensive that looks good/different.

It would truely be much better with lume, and I can't understand which amount is saved by applying paint instead of superluminova. Is that so expensive ??

Tony on CqOut is not all that great. I had problems with a clasp on an AP not staying closed. He simply offered to sell me a new strap on something that just needed adjustment.

:)

What is the difference with Silix who offered me to sell a PAM CG for 16 dollars whereas mine was obviously VERY loose ? At he end I fixed it myself thanks to Sssurfer's advice. And I guess/hope that was also the solution for your clasp.

That's the kind of things we can expect from some dealers, here too, especially for cheap prices. Remember you have always the possibility of rating negative on CQout and that the dealer is out after 2 negative feedbacks. That's some kind of security if you're really unhappy.

When I meant reliable, I meant he delivered fast (for 6 pounds), as ordered, well packed and with great communication. He's also the one with detailed pics, unlike the others that may lead to surprises.

Defective reps are part of the game unfortunately. The good one is the one that proposes a fair solution.

Anyway, CQout is nothing magic, it's just an alternative.

BTW, I just saw some familiar names in his customers ;)

Sure. But for the moment it seems to be the "closest" to the Phantom you're waiting for :)

I agree, it's far from perfect. And personally I would not buy a watch with a spelling mistake.

But I thought you wished this specific watch sold by our dealers. I must have misunderstood you.

Tony is quite OK in my book, I've bought 4 watches from him, each one surpassed my expectations by a lot (except for the cheezy HB BB, but then again, what did I expect for $75).

....the price is right...but let me tell ya, I got a Bell & Ross in PVD with Power Reserve from Ms. KING for a very reasonable price, I expected to get what I paid for.....the watch was far beyond my expectations, WOW what a nice rep with a small price tag.

It

Tony is quite OK in my book, I've bought 4 watches from him, each one surpassed my expectations by a lot (except for the cheezy HB BB, but then again, what did I expect for $75).

Well that is my problem with Tony I suppose. I bought four watches from him also. So I did not expect him to try to sell me a strap one day after delivery and the report of a minor problem.

He is just OK. And just OK prevented me from inviting him here to sell when the Dealer restrictions were revised.

Care about me and I will care about you. Otherwise I will put upon the offender a mighty rath that will last a lifetime.

His greed for a $15 strap cost him all the riches RWG would have provided.

It was first time I have ever used indifference to punish an offender.

Well that is my problem with Tony I suppose. I bought four watches from him also. So I did not expect him to try to sell me a strap one day after delivery and the report of a minor problem.

He is just OK. And just OK prevented me from inviting him here to sell when the Dealer restrictions were revised.

Care about me and I will care about you. Otherwise I will put upon the offender a mighty rath that will last a lifetime.

As a counter to that point, Tony threw in a free rubber strap for my Planet Ocean, when he was unable to switch between the engraved bracelet of the Orange/pumpkin 45, and the etched bracelet of the black/white 45 I'd ordered. He'd first said he would swap the straps over, but, when they physically were not compatible, he emailed me straight back, and offered the additional strap as compensation, which I thought was a very nice gesture. Twice now, he has attempted to gain watches not normally in his listings for me. One was a VC, the other, a 'silver bezel' SMP (he normally only lists the GMT Version) When the Panerai 111 I receieved had a defective power reserve (cut out after a few hours, so something an inspection would not have revealed), I emailed to ask if I could return it, and exchange it for an Aqua Terra, and his following reply, had the return address, and a reply that the exchange was no problem. As I mentioned in my above post, yes, Tony's watches are by no means 'Super Reps', but I have never had a problem with his service or product (the problem I did have, was one he would not have known about, so I do not hold against him)

An "offender"? :rolleyes:

I'm sorry, but I've read MUCH worse treatment from trusted dealers on this forum than a seller not willing to send a new strap. Did you suggest an exchange for another watch because the one you received was defective? I think an "OK dealer" like Tony is miles ahead of those who won't even update the pictures on their websites to reflect the product they're actually shipping. Or this little gem: Did Tony ever ship you a rock instead of a watch?

An "offender"? :rolleyes:

I'm sorry, but I've read MUCH worse treatment from trusted dealers on this forum than a seller not willing to send a new strap. Did you suggest an exchange for another watch because the one you received was defective? I think an "OK dealer" like Tony is miles ahead of those who won't even update the pictures on their websites to reflect the product they're actually shipping. Or this little gem: Did Tony ever ship you a rock instead of a watch?

Well. All I did was not inform him of this forum. I had assumed he was obscure and unworthy for wanting another $15 a day after delivery. It needed just a minor adjustment. Some of the AP buckles on strap don't catch.

Of course if others here have dealt with him and have received excellent service then I can assume my communication with him was misunderstood. In that case please consider my previous post withdrawn and that I use harsh words such as "Offender" and "Rath" because I am insane.

Edited by georgegrasser