When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

How to regulate this POS ...

z3k0

So, I recently got myself sub with this new 28800bph-super-ETA-2824-copy-2813-whatever movement. It is running 30 sec a day slow. Dealer offered me to send it back, but I really hoped I will be able to regulate it and refused on his offer :bangin:

This is the pic of the movement and screw I tried to turn to regulate it, but with no effect:

304671-837.jpg

I turned this screw at least 30 degrees toward + sign, but it had no effect on accuracy.

So, what is this movement really, and can it be regulated - e.g. has someone succeeded doing it ?

Does anyone know who manufactures this movement and what model is it - CousinsUK have large number of Chinese movements for sale, so maybe I can swap it if it's not very expensive ...

regards

Hi there,

each stroke means 5 sec slower or faster. So if your watch loses 30 sec / day you need to turn that littel screw 6 strokes.

If your watch is brand new I would just let it run for a few weeks to see if it is still 30sec slow a day.

All the watches I received from our dealers were about 20sec fast per day. And I was able to regulate them to about 2-3 sec a day.

It is a little tricky & time comsuming but I am quite sure that the movement of your watch is not broken.

Cheers

Moppel

I have an asian7750 that ran about 20 seconds fast per day when i first got it. Now after wearing it almost every other day for the past 2 months, it has leveled out quite a bit! I timed my watches officially yesterday and the watch is now less than +/-1 second per day! amazing what a little time will do.

One thig to bear in mind that the tolerence of a swis 2836/24 movement is +- 20 sec a day, i know that you can tune them far better but that is the shop tolerence. If you search about there is a post showing how to regulate that movement

Thank you all for trying to help, but I must point out two things:

1. I've had this watch for a month now, and it is slow 30 secs a day since - I have been wearing it for most of last month (until pearl decided to bail out, but that is another story :rolleyes: ). After seeing review of this movement (I hope it is this movement) by The Zigmeister I decided to keep it, hoping it really is not broken ...

2. I've tried to turn this screw, at first very little, and then a bit more, but it didn't change accuracy a bit - it stays very persistent in being 30 secs a day slow - that is what worries me.

regards

Instructions already pinned in the "knowledge base" section. :)

http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?showtopic=19163

Yeah but that aint gonna help in this situation. Movement looks like the 2824 copy, can't see the curb pins or balance sping stud to be 100% sure.

If the watch is slow it 'aint gonna get faster unless its so old and dirty a problem develops. If the rate adjustment screw is having no effect then the watch needs looking at on a timing machine...

However, if you are brave and foolish you could try and remove the rotor and autowinding bridge to gain access to the regulator arm so as you can move it. Do not move the stud carrier arm!

The regulator arm lengthens and shortens the effective length of the balance spring changing the rate. Very very minor movements of this arm can have dramatic effects on the rate of the watch but without a timing machine you will have a long road ahead to get the timing where you want it.

Thank you @NRG, this is very helpful.

Exactly my point, this way of regulating does not help, because it have no effect :(

I guess I'm brave and foolish enough to give that other method a try :1a:

regards

Yeah but that aint gonna help in this situation. Movement looks like the 2824 copy, can't see the curb pins or balance sping stud to be 100% sure.

If the watch is slow it 'aint gonna get faster unless its so old and dirty a problem develops. If the rate adjustment screw is having no effect then the watch needs looking at on a timing machine...

However, if you are brave and foolish you could try and remove the rotor and autowinding bridge to gain access to the regulator arm so as you can move it. Do not move the stud carrier arm!

The regulator arm lengthens and shortens the effective length of the balance spring changing the rate. Very very minor movements of this arm can have dramatic effects on the rate of the watch but without a timing machine you will have a long road ahead to get the timing where you want it.