When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

PANERAI-Amazing Vintage Homage Project.

I can tell you that he paid a considerable sum of money for the mods done on this. The plexi crystal alone was 220 euros and the Rolex movt was somewhere around 1000 dollars - I just missed a Cortebert (the same thing) for $200 a couple of weeks ago!!!! Not entirely fair to call it a fake but at the end of the day that's what it is!!!

• 4 months later...

This is a great link, reading about things like this help me work on being patient with my own projects

i hate those crooks! they are bitching at replicas being shown on their site but make their own replicas. un-f---in-believeable!

However, I totally agree there are several posts on gen panerai sites that suffer from serious contradictions. There are a select few that can post reps while everyone else gets nailed for doing the same thing.

This is a great link, reading about things like this help me work on being patient with my own projects

However, I totally agree there are several posts on gen panerai sites that suffer from serious contradictions. There are a select few that can post reps while everyone else gets nailed for doing the same thing.

It seems that it's ok as long as they get parts and put it together. :blink:

Would they be the same with a newbie with davidsen or jimmyfu parts? :g:

OK, so this is revival of an old thread, but it does indeed seem to be the case that it is 'OK' to replicate something as long as you spent A LOT of money on it so as not to devalue the premium image.

A bit like the replica classic car market - build a Porsche 356 from brand new VW Beetle spares and you are pilloried, but build it from hand beaten aluminium and a Porshe 911 and it is OK (despite the Beetle derived one being more accurate...)