When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

DSN PAM 112 / Replacement DSN Fiddy

Victoria

SSurfer - it's slightly loose when closed, of course. Nothing unbearable, mind you.

Thanks for your reply, Kollektor.

I know, I know. I definitely deserved that. The girl who wants just everything right...only this time, I think I have a LITTLE more cause for complaint.

I'm not going to send it to The Zigmeister. I'm scared of modders at the moment. I'll try to sort things out with DSN first, and if no joy there, give it and more of my money to a watchsmith...

There's no need to be scared of modders. They're all human like the rest of us, but overall everyone does a really decent job with fit/finish, lume, movement servicing etc..

Davidsen makes some great products and many items that no one else sells. But QC is never going to be perfect like we expect it to be. I inspected about 8 Arktos watches on Canal Street recently and only one was what I considered in very nice condition. The rest had gouged up poor fitting crown guards and a host of other issues.

Initially, I sent a lot of stuff back. Insured, EMS back to Hong Kong and I waited and waited. Sometimes I got a replacement that was better and sometimes it was worse.

I actually now have almost every watch serviced and superlumed (Davidsen's is somewhere btwn rep lume and superlume) and I love the feel of a serviced, cleaned movement with proper crown and crown guard fit.

I can personally attest to the wonderful work done by Vacuum. He's a total pleasure to deal with, does absolutely great work, and stands behind all of his work. Plus I've learned a ton about watches in the process which I find very satisfying. Eventually if I have the time, I'll start fixing some of the smaller stuff myself, and I'm sure I can count on Vacuum for his help. Until then, I'm happy shipping every one of my watches out for a full massage.

I would think that someone like Vacuum could fix your crown/guard issues easily and you won't need to send stuff back to the far East. You'll actually save money in the long run. By all accounts, the new Davidsen Fiddy is a truly gorgeous watch. Don't let some small QC issues get you down.

My 2c :D

@vbarrett

Vic,I know how you feel... the same happened to me :(

The excitement of receiving a replacement and expecting it to be perfect... or at least mechanically acceptable to be used as it's meant to be used... to tell the time. I was heartbroken when my first replacement was a dud.... I was out of $$$ too. :(

Luckily for me, my 2nd replacement was OK, not perfect.... but as good as a DSN Fiddy can be.

Hope it all goes well for you... let us know how you go.