When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Strap Lengths...

pwygant

Kind of a silly question but perhaps I could poll the masses. I generally like straps that tuck inside the first and second holder comfortably. I actually think it looks better when the straps build up at the bottom. I know, kind of silly. My wristsize is around 7.25 so I don't have a huge wrist but I generally buy straps around 125x85. When I wear my Pams with this length, I buckle the strap almost all the way to the end (1 hole left) and about 3 cm tucked.

I am about to buy some more expensive Toscanna straps and those are not made in my regular size above. They usually come in 120x85 and then the larger 130x85. I read somewhere that the Toscana straps are so thick that you should preferably choose a little bit longer strap. I just don't want it to be too long if you get my drift. Should I get the 130x85?

//Cheers

Greg Stevens, strap builder extraordinaire, recommends 130/80 for 7.25 wrists.

http://gregstraps.blogspot.com/

Kind of a silly question but perhaps I could poll the masses. I generally like straps that tuck inside the first and second holder comfortably. I actually think it looks better when the straps build up at the bottom. I know, kind of silly. My wristsize is around 7.25 so I don't have a huge wrist but I generally buy straps around 125x85. When I wear my Pams with this length, I buckle the strap almost all the way to the end (1 hole left) and about 3 cm tucked.

I am about to buy some more expensive Toscanna straps and those are not made in my regular size above. They usually come in 120x85 and then the larger 130x85. I read somewhere that the Toscana straps are so thick that you should preferably choose a little bit longer strap. I just don't want it to be too long if you get my drift. Should I get the 130x85?

//Cheers

I have a 7.25" wrist myself and I prefer longer straps now with tail. I almost can't stand wearing my 115/75 straps anymore and I've give most of them away. I think the bare minimum length that I now like is 125/80 and that gets small quickly with the thicker straps.

I have 150/90 and 160/90 Simona vintage tan straps and I love them.

But this is definitely a "taste" thing.

I think 140/80 is almost always safe as long as the holes are punched for a normal sized wrist.

It's the vintage look!!

good luck,

sherwin

my wrist size varies from your own to a little larger.. depending on what part of the week ...in the toscana.. Mario Paci and GeF straps I tke a 125/80... this goes to the 3rd hole ( supposedly proper fit) and in the middle of the week ( due to workouts) it will go to the 4th hole..

the more girth on the strap the smaller it will wear so if you like your strap to be on the 1st or 2nd hole then figure 5mm for every hole size .. ... so with every increase or decrease of 5mm you will gain or loose one hole..

and actually it is not s stupid question... if you don't know you will have wasted your money unless you are lucky at guessing... which dosen't happen often ... don't ask me how I know ....LOL

lani