When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Talked to joe on phone today (5/15/06)...

Craytonic

Everyone,

I just talked to joe on the phone for more than 1/2 an hour. I brought him up to speed on everything and talked to him for a bit about his medical problems. We have never really spoken much before, but he was returning my call about some work I sent in a few weeks ago and we ended up talking for quite a while.

Joe has 140-150 watches currently, but many of them waiting on parts. He is working on them now, but slowly due to his illness - he finished two today. He has also halted accepting new work.

He is legitimately suffering, and suffering badly from asthma. He has alergy asthma, is on an inhaler and several other medications, & has an infection in his lungs (but is taking antibiotics). He probably is suffering from sleep apnia and is scheduled to go in to the hospital for a night so they can monitor his sleep. He is currently sleeping 3-4 hours a night, and even that is poor sleep. He also has several other medical problems that stem from the asthma and difficulty breathing - it is basically a catch 22. Speeking to him made me very thankful for my good health. His problems stem from having cancer at age 21. He sounded well, but is definitly short of breath.

I have every reason to believe, after speaking to him, that his condition is legitimate. I also fully believe everyone will receive their watches back with quality work. We both emhasized the need to spend the needed time on each watch instead of rushing through all the work. It is better to get the watch a little late than to get it sooner but with lower quality.

We spoke about namor briefly. The problem on the bracelet came that way from King. Joe said he paid $140 to fix it via palpatine. I am not sure of the details since this is just word of mouth, but I believe Joe did everything he could to fix the problem, including offering to have namor send the watch back for a full refund, which namor declined because of customs. Joe feels this was likely a case of buyer's remorse when namor discovered palpatine charges lower prices, but Joe pointed out that he does more work to each watch, and his prices have been known for quite some time. Joe is also respoding to namor directly in that thread.

Wish I had more to share. Please don't shoot the messinger if you are one of the nay-sayers here; I am just conveying our conversation.

I personally was a little skeptical when I didn't hear from Joe for a while but I have every reason to believe that he is very sick now but will be getting better. He is still working some and I believe, and Joe assured me, that everyone will eventually get their watch, and the work will be quality.

He emphasized that his time is better spent working on watches than posting, so if you dont' see him for a bit that is why.

Thanks joe for getting back to me despite your illness, I have faith in you and your work and know you will finish my watch as soon as you can.

Everyone, please pray for his health.

Cray

Cray, Joe has many good friends here at RWG for this reason it is great to get an update on his wellbeing, but what is more important is that he is replying in Namors thread as there are allegations that need addressing.

Ken

I've had a couple of nice (and long) conversations with Joe earlier this year. Super nice guy and very knowledgable about his art. I hope he gets well soon. I suffer from asthma also, so I can relate - it sucks. I'm sure my 6263 will be finished and returned to me looking and operating wonderfully. I'm in no hurry - I have a hard enough time trying to give the watches I have enough wrist time as it is.

I hope Joe gets better, I really do. It's not nice to be ill, I've been there.

I emailed him yesterday to explain that I didn't want the work doing that I've paid him for and asked for a refund. The way I see it is that it's one less thing for him to worry about on his list of things to do and I don't get concerned about waiting all this time. Sounds like a win-win to me.

K.

Cray, Joe has many good friends here at RWG for this reason it is great to get an update on his wellbeing, but what is more important is that he is replying in Namors thread as there are allegations that need addressing.

Ken

I believe he is replying now. His response, which I attempted to paraphrase, seems legitimate and hopefully will be from the horses mouth soon. I understand this concern and specifically pointed him to the thread in our converstaion so he could reply - he was very upset to be criticized while sick so keep hitting refresh.

I just figured many people would want to have an update since no one has heard from him for a week or two.

thanks for your concerns and soon i will back to my old self , im still working but slowly , and i got put behind a bit today due to people trying to kick a man while he is down but i think i fixed that so people know the truth now, take care and im still alive just not very perky right now

regards joe

To Joe,

Hope all is well and I'm sorry about the messege I left. Sounds like you have your hands full and good luck.

thanks my friend i do but i will get caught up soon i almost finished three today and hopefully if all is good tonight tomorrow will be productive as well

just letting u guys know i got one done yesterday , and today i have done none because i am coughing pretty bad but the chest congestion and head seems to be breaking up, i just felt i would update u so no caois or rumors would start up again ok ,again thanks for your support and patience and please dont worry about me just keep me in the prayers would be nice, thanks joe