When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Rolex...way too cheap

metronman

If it sounds too good to be true, then it probably is too good to be true. Unless it's a very close & trusted friend you actually know... Think about it, they're selling you watches that go above $10,000 each for $2,000 a piece, I smell a scam...

Edited by guanaco

metoerite is worth about 300$ i can see a few things that are off...Look at the markers @ 3,6,9...Way too much black filled in and the real 1's have thicker silver ridge with less black filled in, also not enough detail on the meteorite

Edited by UB7

metoerite is worth about 300$ i can see a few things that are off...Look at the markers @ 3,6,9...Way too much black filled in and the real 1's have thicker silver ridge with less black filled in, also not enough detail on the meteorite

Actually, with the REPs, the subdials usually look better to me. In this pic the watch is rotated slightly back, where I would actually expect to see a bit of gap and splitting exposed along the top of where the subdials are inserted through holes cut through the meteorite slice. This will always be the case with a GEN, as the dial is mechanically SPLIT from a CORE which is DRILLED out of an actual, natural meteorite. Each one is different, with varying amounts of grain, color, streaking, etc... and each one will have different 'faults' and gaps because of the incontrollable part of how the crystalline structure is going to fracture while cutting...

You WON'T SEE THIS with most of the REPs, I generally see NO separation as it seems the subdials are embossed on the dial the same as the meteorite-style pattern.

What is more telling is that all the markers are lined up properly on the rough surface of the dial. REPs will usually have at least one marker that is noticeably off.

Care to comment on this "twin" and it's dial?

Notice, even though this pic is dead on perpendicular to the dial, there are gaps around the subdial's edges, and in fact, the subdials at 3 and 9 sit in recesses that look flat across the top, instead of being a perfectly rounded fit.

post-7786-1188723193_thumb.jpg

Real or Rep?

How about this one?

Notice it's luscious, full, subdial rings with no gaps or ugly chips or fractures around the edges, not to mention the sharp printing and good looking fonts, my oh my, this is nice....

post-7786-1188725389_thumb.jpg

Don'cha just love :wub: this one?

Real or Rep?

Monarch Poley or Montres Rolex?

Lemme help out with that one just a little with a bigger, more full close up...

post-7786-1188725551_thumb.jpg