When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Jay/Silix's Summer Special

Victoria

As an aside, I mentioned Aegis specifically in my payment email to him, but also asked him to PLEASE honour the late late August 31 orders

Aegis, heads up. Got a reply from Jay a few seconds ago:

"WHo's Aegis? I havenot got his email yet. Please ask him to resend to me. Really apreciate ur help. Nice weekend."

So please email him back! :)

I suppose that goes for a lot of you, so take this as a form of public service announcement, chaps.

Aegis, heads up. Got a reply from Jay a few seconds ago:

"WHo's Aegis? I havenot got his email yet. Please ask him to resend to me. Really apreciate ur help. Nice weekend."

So please email him back! :)

I suppose that goes for a lot of you, so take this as a form of public service announcement, chaps.

Thanks VB I'll email him again.

Luckily I forwarded myself all the info I had sent yesterday

Emailed him again, and did some name dropping as well vb ;)

Lets hope he gets it this time. I included my order code, as well as the item number and description just in case.

Good show. Just checked my email before replying here:

"We are testing ur watches now, if all go well, will post them on Tueday. I will contact Aegis. Thx. We do noit always work on weekend, I would say about half/half. Nice weekend."

So, he works every other weekend, and is aware at least of your forum ID. I mentioned that because it might form part of your email ID, as it does mine. :)

I e-mailed my Vintage Sub order to Jay on the 31st and got a reply in 24 hours, which is about his usual response time.

Hmm. Well, not sure what's going on, but maybe it has to do with the email header.

I entitled mine, "Summer Special payment", or similar. That's why he responded in the usual 24hrs, as you say, Carl.

The one thing that gets a collector's attention is the word payment, and if it's time sensitive, put that in too.

Hmm. Well, not sure what's going on, but maybe it has to do with the email header.

I entitled mine, "Summer Special payment", or similar. That's why he responded in the usual 24hrs, as you say, Carl.

The one thing that gets a collector's attention is the word payment, and if it's time sensitive, put that in too.

But of course I have been dealing with Jay for several years and a few dozen watches. The experience has had it's ups and downs but overall it has been fun.

The different "collectors" here all seem to have unique personalities, which I find interesting and also constructive.

What I find interesting about Jay and his very minor foibles some here may find very irritating. With age I have learned patience and that is what I urge with Jay, who is not Andrew or Josh, but who will get you a watch you want (or very close to it) and other "collectors" will tell you it does not exist.

What I find interesting about Jay and his very minor foibles some here may find very irritating. With age I have learned patience and that is what I urge with Jay, who is not Andrew or Josh, but who will get you a watch you want (or very close to it) and other "collectors" will tell you it does not exist.

I couldn't agree more to what you are saying. I tend to stay with my regular collectors but the other day I ordered a Vintage Bond sub from Jay as I thought that he had a pretty close version of what I was looking for. I received an email that he mailed my piece on September 3rd and of course it arrived on the 5th. 2-3 days to the US is pretty quick. :D

However, before ordering, I made sure to send a detailed picture of the model, the writing on the dial, and most importantly the bezel. The watch arrived today with the wrong bezel insert... ;) Oh well... what are you going to do...?

//Cheers

I couldn't agree more to what you are saying. I tend to stay with my regular collectors but the other day I ordered a Vintage Bond sub from Jay as I thought that he had a pretty close version of what I was looking for. I received an email that he mailed my piece on September 3rd and of course it arrived on the 5th. 2-3 days to the US is pretty quick. :D

However, before ordering, I made sure to send a detailed picture of the model, the writing on the dial, and most importantly the bezel. The watch arrived today with the wrong bezel insert... ;) Oh well... what are you going to do...?

//Cheers

Well, that is how it goes! I have also eaten my words and ordered one of the same from Jay.

We will see what arrives. It is always interesting. If you e-mail him about the bezel problem he will either send you another (hopefully correct) or offer to correct it with your next order (more likely). But occasionally you will get a real gem at a ridiculously low price, and the worst of it is at least interesting. So it goes with Silix.

@pwygant

I did the same thing with one of my vintage...I received the correct dialed watch but with the "red" insert instead of the pictured "silver" insert. I did not care, I have a few that I can swap in, but after wearing it with the red, it is kind of growing on me, and I think it is a small change from the rest, I am going to bleach it a bit and see how it turns out.

Also, my GF's Cartier's should be here today...wish her luck on her surprise!! I will be a little disappointed if she receives a very masculine piece, but thats why we chose Cartier, for the fact that they are a very feminine line to begin with. I will try and post pics this afternoon.

Has anyone else received theirs??? VB??

M

Well...damn it, of course when the order is not for me, but someone else, the order gets f'ed up. <_<

I ordered a "Lady's" Tank, but unfortunately received a Gents. This was to be a gift to my future Mother/Law, and I KNOW it is way too big for her taste. So I am kind of bummed out about that. It is 24mm x 40mm when it was supposed to be 19mm x 35mm, and it doesnt look like the bracelet will be able to be adjusted to accommodate a small wrist...which is the worst part. I feel bad to email them, because I know they will just say send it back, but for a $70 watch that would be stupid.

Aside from being the wrong watch, it is really nice, as a guy...I would never wear it, but I guess some would fancy it. As for the gift watch, it is a ladies size, which is strange that they acknowledged my request for the gift watch but screwed up the one that I ordered.

Oh well, here is what I received.

car0786hf6.jpg

Nice looking watch, great dial, just a big SOB

car0726rb8.jpg

Not bad for 20 bucks, nice leather deployant strap, and the globe is not as obtrusive as seen in the pic

Maybe next time...

M

We emailed Jay this morning telling him what the problem was, so hopefully he replies with some good news. If it comes down to it, I will send it back for the watch I ordered. The thing that is making me nervous is that the stock number written on the little plastic bag was the correct number for the watch I ordered from their site, but with the wrong watch inside. I would be [censored], paying 30dollar shipping just for them to send the same watch because either their bags are mismarked or their web is incorrect.

Nicely, did not complain...sorry...I will wait to see what they say before I rant.. :frusty:

TGIF'nF!!!

M

Not yet, sweetie. Didn't even receive my tracking yet, which is unusual for Jay. He must really have been swamped with last minute orders. :o

I will post my two Rollies the moment I get them -- in this thread!

Ok now I'm starting to wonder...

It's been 7 days since I sent Jay the funds, and I know he got the money as he PM'd me saying he received it, only I haven't heard anything from him since then. No tracking number or anything....

Should I be worried??

Ok now I'm starting to wonder...

It's been 7 days since I sent Jay the funds, and I know he got the money as he PM'd me saying he received it, only I haven't heard anything from him since then. No tracking number or anything....

Should I be worried??

Neither for me. I appended another watch to the order, so I think I added to his burdens though. ;(

But not once has he failed to answer my PMs about watch info, so in case he emails me back with my latest question, I will again ask about you, Aegis. If you could PM me with the email you used, that would help -- he said last time that he didn't recognise your ID, "Aegis".

If you're comfortable with that, of course. :)

Neither for me. I appended another watch to the order, so I think I added to his burdens though. ;(

But not once has he failed to answer my PMs about watch info, so in case he emails me back with my latest question, I will again ask about you, Aegis. If you could PM me with the email you used, that would help -- he said last time that he didn't recognise your ID, "Aegis".

If you're comfortable with that, of course. :)

Well we've had several emails and PMs back and forth since then VB, so I'm not too worried about him not responding, just the fact that I haven't heard ANYTHING one way or another. I PM'd him the same time as I posted just a little bit ago so we'll see if he responds soon enough. I think I'll email him as well once I get home.

I'm just paranoid.... of course the people spying on me from around the corner might have something to do with that ;)

PLUS I'm really hoping I don't end up with an over the top bling bling watch as the one they add in for me.....