When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

ETA subs crown pin problem

mikeydigs

If they both do the same thing are you sure they're broken? Can you describe the problem?

I'll try to describe it as best as possible, whenI unscrew the crown and try to pull it out a bit it sort of click when I wind the watch and it does'nt turn smoothly when adjusting the date or setting the watch. I have had one of the subs longer than the other and the problem has gotten worse. I am new to collecting and purchased these watches from King. I just wear them straight away from purchase. I have read about guys that have them serviced before useing. Also have there watches modded. I haven't done that to any of my reps. I have a bunch of Canal St reps that still work fine. That how I got interested in collecting. I have one gen a two tone blue face sub I purchased last summer in Grand Caynman Island at Kirks Freeport. any help would be appricated

Hi Mickey,

Sounds like a legit problem. Does it engage and then come loose as you set the time or wind the watch? Sometimes the stem is just poorly made...do you have a local watch repair shop near you...they should be able to tell.

Good luck.

There is a local watch reapir shop that I can show the watches to. It thougt that were guys on the fourm that did repairs that why I posted. Do you think its better to use some one local and retail?