When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

EU Members (Spain especially) - I Need Quick Advice

Watchmeister

I need to ship a rep with box and papers back to Spain. It is a long story but I am in the ridiculous predicament of having bought and paid for a gen watch (PAM of course - :lol: ) and received the wrong watch. The seller is acting as intermediary and his office sent me the wrong watch which he readily acknowledges. He has the right watch but needs to get the old one back. Now here is the ridiculous rub. The watch I received was a rep. :bangin: And yes I have confirmed the watch I am getting is a gen.

So here is the question:

What is the best way to ship a rep with box and papers into Spain (EU) and ensure it actually gets there. What do I write on the customs form and between USPS (EMS), FedEx and UPS which would you choose? "Used Wristwatch Return to Sender" or something like that? I don't normally ask these questions in the open forum but I need a quick answer and have no experience shipping anything other than gens into the EU - never mind Spain.

Thanks,

Kruz

EMS in Spain works with the state mail .... so guarantee customs problems .... so avoid it

Can't agree on it @amk... I've got many watches through EMS and no problem at all. State mail is not so restrictive or it may be because they don't have much control... but I had to pay customs (not sizing) only with UPS and MRW... so I would use USPS (that has correspondence with State mail once in Spain) and certainly there's no need for tracking when sending to Spain.

I'd go with FedEx. USPS delivers via Correos (Spanish state mail) and the box'll be taken by Customs for sure (too big).

BTW Panerai is not wellknown trademark by Spanish Customs so, if they catch it, just show a PayPal bill and pay the taxes.

I'm spanish so, if you need more help, please PMme.

Can't agree on it @amk... I've got many watches through EMS and no problem at all. State mail is not so restrictive or it may be because they don't have much control... but I had to pay customs (not sizing) only with UPS and MRW... so I would use USPS (that has correspondence with State mail once in Spain) and certainly there's no need for tracking when sending to Spain.

It could have been only my case .... but during the last 5 months three EMS deliveries were siezed by Spanish Customs.

If we add your case to mine .... then can only say whatever delivery method you pick .... is a gamble.

Ship and pray.

• 3 weeks later...