When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Crown winds while screwing down on my 3717

dangerman

Just received my fast beat 3717. I love it but one thing concerns me.

I push the crown in and as I screw the crown down I can hear the watch winding and feel resistance ie like when I have the crown pulled out to first position and am manually winding. It is similar when I unscrew the crown. It's like the gears are still engaged and feels like I am out at the first position turning in the opposite direction to when I manually wind.

I also have a fast beat 7750 in my Seamaster Professional Chronograph and it is nothing like this. When I pull the crown out and unscrew or push in and screw in it seems to completely disengage from the movement. I hear nothing and I feel no resistance.

Could you tell me if you think I have something wrong with the watch? I'd especially appreciate hearing from other 3717 owners.

Maybe I'm worried about nothing. Just that I never had this on my other two watches with screw down crowns.

Both SMPC (with fast beat Asian 7750) and Ultimate PO (Swiss ETA), I unscrew the crown it pops up and then I feel like I'm winding.

Sorry to be a pain but you know how it is when you get a new watch. Paranoia about any possible issues. I still wouldn't mind a few more saying this is normal. :unsure:

I also have this problem on my 3717, and I raised it in another thread (here).

Trust me to be the dissenting voice, but this is clearly not how the watch is supposed to operate, and therefore I'm not convinced it's ok. I do intend getting mine fixed when I eventually get around to sending it in for mods. Until then I will continue to be very careful about how I screw down the crown, because it's not straightforward on mine; I usually have to gently wind it back and forth on the thread with half turns, pushing it further each time until it fully screws down.

Another thing is that it takes a fair bit of effort to screw the crown right down. Once screwed down there is (to my eye) still a very small gap between the case and the crown.

Maybe it's because the case is curved and there are no crown guards, I don't know. Do other peoples 3717's crowns screw right down to the case with no gap at all.

Am I just being ultra sensitive and imagining flaws...?

I'm driving myself crazy! :wallbash:

It's not something that concerns me. I don't think it's a problem, to be honest, but I'll try to make my way to an AD to see if the genuines do it. :D

Thanks Pug, that helps puts my mind at rest.

I guess the consensus seems to be not to worry, and I really don't want to send it back if I can avoid it.

Thanks to all for your opinions.