When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Hublot Ceramic Bezel Info

hambone

According to Hublot insiders and those in the know, the ceramic bezel made for their own watches and the ones which are built on the replicas are from the same factory in China. Hence the higher price, to a large extent. There was a crackdown on this and factory workers were searched upon days end to find who was pilfering bezels. Maybe it behooves those who want this watvh to get it while the supply is there, as it seems that another source must be had.

I thought the ceramic bezel on my BB looked pretty damn good. :cc_chinese:

Why polished? The brushed ones look equally well made. :)

JC Biver - well he should stop producing in Asia - would save him from such problems.

:X i.. guess it's personal preference on my end..?

i don't have a brushed ceramic so i can't ... i guess it's the same as brushed-vs-polished SS, i prefer the mirror-finish

:lol: but yea, the polished ceramic is highly.. highly sexy

It depends on the taste... But tehn again, sadly picturing the surafaces is just difficult, so one has to see it in person. I actually just got taht HBB because I saw the genuine in Switzerland in a shop, and it just struck me... damn nice finish.

which one..? polished or brushed?

:D and if you're struck by brushed cer.. did u see the polished one?

cuz pictures do not do it justice.. it's literally a mirror-finish that captures whatever it may reflect.. it's hard to describe, it doesn't bling

it just pops.. it pops out

Well here is polished (apparently with gen bezel - :D ):

I don't see a gen in my future anytime soon. :lol:

I can say 100% that no picture captures the polished :(

I have taken a zillion pics of my HBB posted most of it and not one picture would I submit as a representation of the polished ceramic

the problem is the pictures are totally lifeless.. it does not capture the rich sheen of the ceramic.. I've said that long ago whenever i post my hbb pics, no picture thus far captures it because it's totally lifeless

heck, you can't even see the sheen really -.-

in my shots, I often notice that pictures are lacking in the richness of the blacks.. it simply does not capture it.. the only time it comes close is if i enable the flash such as in

onfire3.jpg

but that only shows how rich the ceramic is.. it's obsidian really, but it doesn't capture the mirror-effect.. this one shows it a bit on the 5'oclock marker showing a little of the FM .. but again, imnho, it's lifeless.. the polished ceramic has an effect where the slightest movement of your wrist makes things dance on the surface.. not even Hublot's genuine pics show it off

trio-flashed4.jpg

gen pic of hublot, looks airbrushed -.-

hublot_bigbang_close_up_back_and_fa.jpg

:D anyhows, to me... the only HBB's that ever appeal to me

-has polished ceramic bezel

-black magic

-all steel HBB

but given the option of polished vs brushed ceramic... polished, every single chance

@ Tom Riddle, As difficult as it may be to capture the glory of the polished cermic bezel, you have dome a good job. You are right though, it must be seen in person to appreciate how fantastic it is.

So, do our dealers carry brushed or polished ceramic bezels ? In most of descriptions (on Josh's site) I saw brushed bezel in description - can someone who got a ceramic bezel rep confirm is it brushed or polished.

BTW, this morning I noticed ceramic versions are GONE from Trusty and PC sites ??? Maybe bezel factory was really cracked down ... OMG, I should have got one before ... if this is the case second-hand prices for these pieces will go sky-high :huh: :huh:

regards

I always thought it was odd when these pieces were offered that some had brushed bezels and some had polished bezels of the same ceramic models and they all came from the same factory. If the answer is that the rep factory was able to get a finite number of polished bezels from the gen ceramic shop it does begin to make sense.

You have to admit the ultimate irony would be for the market to be so flooded with gens that the gen value continues to fall and one day we wake up and that polished bezel rep is worth more than the gen. :lol:

So, do our dealers carry brushed or polished ceramic bezels ? In most of descriptions (on Josh's site) I saw brushed bezel in description - can someone who got a ceramic bezel rep confirm is it brushed or polished.

BTW, this morning I noticed ceramic versions are GONE from Trusty and PC sites ??? Maybe bezel factory was really cracked down ... OMG, I should have got one before ... if this is the case second-hand prices for these pieces will go sky-high :huh: :huh:

regards

dunno about you man but really stuff like that should never influence your decision..

who knows what it could it be

marketing ploy, misinformation, etc etc..

specially not at the prices the Hxxxxx's are commanding..

now is there truth to the ceramic bezels? perhaps.. it's all connected.. Hublot cracking down, prices rising, now all of a sudden unavailable..

it's all connected but still should *NOT* be a factor in your decision.. if you're gonna splurge and get this piece (if it's still available, whatever flavor of the HBB you prefer), get it because you want it, it's your style and you know you'll enjoy it

make an informed decision and you won't have any regrets

dunno about you man but really stuff like that should never influence your decision..

who knows what it could it be

marketing ploy, misinformation, etc etc..

specially not at the prices the Hxxxxx's are commanding..

now is there truth to the ceramic bezels? perhaps.. it's all connected.. Hublot cracking down, prices rising, now all of a sudden unavailable..

it's all connected but still should *NOT* be a factor in your decision.. if you're gonna splurge and get this piece (if it's still available, whatever flavor of the HBB you prefer), get it because you want it, it's your style and you know you'll enjoy it

make an informed decision and you won't have any regrets

Noo, you got me all wrong ... When HBB came out I wasn't really in for it, so I never really looked at it closely. But then it started growing on me, and I started reading, seeing pictures etc. Then a friend of mine started talking about it, after seeing it in person, so I started to really think about getting one ... and then first came price rise, and now this ... so that is why I wrote that. I really don't care about any "games" behind this all...

regards

Ceramic HBB are back on Andrew and Josh's site - but check out the prices, OMG :1a:

I think we are entering new era - we have $1k-asian-7750-movement-rep ... yeahh.

BTW, buying few of this things in May when they were less than $600 would be really good investment :lol:

regards