When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

pam 055

Mr.RadioActive

Ok...

You joined yesterday...

Started two Topics on the same subject...

E-mailed modders...

And don't have a response within 24 hours...

And now you want further direction...

My direction would be two-fold...

1. Exercise Patience

2. Read [ a lot more than you have]

TT

Thank you for the reply. I didnt start two threads on the subject, the other thread is a discussion of the white pam 055 that I asked after many posts if i could change the dial and by who. Sorry that it appeared like that I posted in two areas the same question. It is true that I joined "this" forum yesturday, but im not new to the forum world. I emailed 1 modder over 1 week ago and never heard back. The other modder I learned on another forum had email issues and this is why the email I sent him never was answered. I actually emailed them on a different subject, as now I have two watch projects.

Sorry for the misunderstanding. And thank you for having me on your forum.

I just read that thread you posted but I already read that before. If you read it carefully there still is debate in the thread if the white 055 existed. The link to the other forum, where Enzo chimes in was now edited on the other forum with the header "sorry for any confusion". But never says anymore. I never read Enzos post before it was edited.

As a admin, i'd try to give a newbie even the benefit of the doubt. I already read that thread. It ended up with someone ordering it from Davidson. But as you can read in it theres little info if the 055 white is a gen watch or not. Some said yes, some said no. This is why I started the other 055 thread, which I'd think alot of people maybe benefitting from. Its a interesting topic.

Again sorry for any problem that this has caused. But the search feature was already used.

Edited by Mr.RadioActive

Davidson is sending me a brown 055 dial, is this something a local watch guy can put in or is it best to find someone more experienced with rep pams such as those found here?

As the dial comes from the same manufacturer of the watch (Davidsen), it should be an easy fit, and any watchsmith should be able to do the swapping -- provided he is willing to work with reps.

Good to know, I bought my wife a new Bulova watch yesturday from a dealer at the "mall" She needed it sized and a new battery be installed, the watch store was totally clueless and didnt have the battery for her new watch, and couldnt size it, since the pins were tight. Anyway long story short, they gave it to the local watchsmith to do. My wife went to his shop to pick up her new watch today. Anyway, i think by the sounds of it hes going to be a guy I need to get to know! Hes not in the best part of town, has a small shop, and does all the things at his shop for places that dont have a watchmaker. Im fairly sure I scored a watchsmith! I really hope so. I ordered a brown 055 dial today for $40 from Davidson (who is great about emails by the way) and soon as I get it Im going to see if I can get it installed.

I'm not a newbie to watches, I own gen rolex watches but am semi new to the modding a rep. Question........

is changing a dial a job that can be done while i wait, if time permits, or is it the type of job that takes awhile?

So far I have taken my reps to two family owned jewelers and also to SEARS. I have yet to meet with any rejection.

You're lucky. I took three sets of watches to 3 ADs (not for those marques!), and 2 watchmakers said no (one was very snooty indeed). The third fixed the DSN Fiddy problem I had (YAY!), but was powerless before the Swinese movements of the others.

Well I never had any major work done. Just sizing, moisture removal and re-sealing.

Why any watchsmith would say no just because a watched marked Panerai was not actually manufactured at the Panerai factory is beyond comprehension.

It's a watch. Fix it.

A simple "I know when you get off work" should solve this problem in the future.

I agree 100% I can see a AD maybe having a beef. But a watch is a watch. Im guessing, maybe Im wrong most small watchsmiths havent seen a gen pam watch. My dad have a jewler look at his rep ann sub, and the guy asked him, "is it real?" He really didnt know if it was. A pam is alot less common, Im hoping the guy just does some the work.

I have a ann perfect sub from andrew, UPO, SOSF, the 055 pam that ive been talking about, and a other pam on the way. I can keep the watch guy busy....my collection is growing still.