When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My SMP Bond

dluddy

This is the old school SMP with the ETA 2824 movement and pins instead of screws in the bracelet.

It now has a new bezel, from the SMP Chrono which has a more accurate blue but I am still not happy with the Pearl -_- Of course, the bezel is now aligned as well.

Also has genuine dial and hands masterfully installed by Ziggy.

Recent addition is a fresh Single Side AR coating courtest of Chief's last run. Highly recommended as it really makes the genuine dial waves POP.

Only thing left to do is an OEM crown and tube <_< and try Veloci's DIY Pearl upgrade as outlined in By-Tor's amazing Qmega Buyers Guide.

omegasmpaftermodsdb4.jpg

omegasmpwithsinglearay3.jpg

Here is a genuine for comparison

smpgenuinefe5.jpg

This is a classic timepiece and one that I will likely never part with and will likely continue to improve on.

Thanks to Ziggy and Chief for their contributions to this project :1a:

Enjoy

Wow...another great mod. Congrats!

This watch is one of my favorites as well. And I echo your comments... it's my oldest rep, and one of the few permanent keepers in my collection. :good:

may I ask where you found the bezel insert ? I wouldn't mind an upgrade for mine ;)

and... maybe I'm wrong, but the second hand look a bit short to be gen...

The insert came from Silix and the hands are genuine and from Ofrei. It is just the bad photography :p

Complete noob on Omega here, but heading towards a watch like yours (well, not so good at first).

Stunning piece you have there, congrats!

Looks great...Awesome job by The Zigmeister....I did the exact same thing, but my crystal is double-sided with A/R. I also got my insert from Silix, but he had sent me the correct insert (with the better pearl) from the SMP Chrono

248783-8151.jpg

@Triplehed - Looks awesome. That is the same insert I got from Silix from the SMP Chrono.

@Teejay - I know the original didn't have AR but the single side AR is very suptle and makes a world of difference. The dial stands out and you can really see the waves - personal preference.

@Teejay - I know the original didn't have AR but the single side AR is very suptle and makes a world of difference. The dial stands out and you can really see the waves - personal preference.

Ahh, more a case of 'personal customization' :) I can certainly go along with wanting to do things like that :D Once again, awesome watch :)

@Triplehed - Looks awesome. That is the same insert I got from Silix from the SMP Chrono.

Thanks. Defintely a keeper, unless I need funds for a new project.

You should see how the dial, waves and lume stand out with the double. I may swap out the single side A/R from my PO v4 with this one and see how the PO stands out with double A/R.