When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

First order... lucky shot or.... ???

I've just order my first couple of rep's with Angel & Jay...

After reading for hours on this forum and driving my wife crazy I've ordered 3 watches to start of.

First i've order the TAG Monza to get me a not to expensive and functional chrono.

I know it's not an automatic but just love the design

http://www.silixwatch.com/product.asp?id=707

post-1683-1147901774_thumb.jpgpost-1683-1147901789_thumb.jpg

To get me started on the automatic's I've also ordered a Panerai Powerreserve equiped with a 21J

http://www.silix-prime.com/product.asp?id=1485

post-1683-1147901843_thumb.jpgpost-1683-1147901860_thumb.jpg

And finally to make up for lost hours I've order the Cartier ladieswatch for my 37weeks pregnant wife :wub:

http://www.silixwatch.com/product.asp?id=591

post-1683-1147902002_thumb.jpgpost-1683-1147902021_thumb.jpg

Just 1 day after sending my order by email I've received a secured link to propay since I insisted to pay by VISA. After wiring the money I'm desparately waiting for the mailbox the next couple of days now.

So I hope this first attempt does not end up in a first disaster but trust all of the positive feedback I've been reading on Angel & Jay! Great to start of with this forum since I've almost started of buying my first watches with some dutch dealers who trade through http://www.marktplaats.com and charge 125 EUR for the watches Silix is selling for no more than 45 bucks :angry:

I'll recommend this forum to everyone I know of if this deals turns out as it's supposed too :3a:

Edited by erwinner

Just 2 days later it's time for an update. Angel & Jay confirmed receiving the payment with a clear reply. now just waiting for the order to be shipped and pass through :whistling:

Now thats the hard part of the hobbie, waiting for the package to show up in your front door

:huh:

now I understand what everybody meant claiming 'waiting is the hardest part of the hobby'...!

After Angel & Jay confirmed shipping the order and provided me with the tracking number it took a number of days before the number was usefull on the TNT website. Man.... this is killing! But now it has been 'shipped from originating depot' it should not take to long before it reaches our house, now does it?

In the meantime it gave me plenty of time to gaze and drewl at other great looking models. Especially now that I stopped by at the local jewelry store to pick up the ring I've bougth as a present for my wife who's birthday is in a couple of days, as well as the expected date of delivery for our second child. Man... the Tag Monaco looks great in real life! Must get me one of these as well!

As everybody assured the package was delivered safely today. It took the TNT driver 4 tries due to the delivery of my second daugther last wednesday. Good news is that both my wife, daugther and watches are all doing great!

The PAM090 is fully charged after only a couple of hours of wearing. Even though I have unusually small wrists it fits me perfectly as my wife is telling me. But now I do understand all the 'strap-o-mania' I've been reading about. So my quest for the ultimate strap will start off pretty soon I guess ;-)

Also the TAG Heuer Monza is great. Chrono is working perfectly. Only drawback is one of the dots (9 o'clock) got loose somehow and is now sticking somewhere close to 10 o'clock. Also the second-hand is not fully aligned to 12 o'clock but is working fine. Since it is a quartz is not a smooth movement but for me the watch is perfect. I've also been wearing the original last week when I picked up my wife's present at the jewelry store. It cannot be compared to the replica of course but as most members here I am not fortunate enough to spend 2.910 euro's for the original one, and even 4.000 for the 36calibre !!!

And the Cartier Tank will be left in the drawer until next monday. This will be the day my wife and daugther get home from the hospital and secondly it's my wife's birthday so this watch gift will be a great surprise! After spending quite some euro's on a great ring last week she'll understand it's not the genuine and be more than happy with the functionalities every teacher needs (a second-hand and dots for every minute until the schoolbel rings again).

Once life gets back to usuall you'll find me back for my next quest again.

Thanx all for ur help! Greatly appreciated!