When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Little White Lie from "Hublot"?

rckh

Hublot claim they provide in-house "HUB 44" movement. However; compare the photo from their site about Rep VS Gen. I don't think it's In-house movement but ETA7750 re-decorate with Tungsten Rotor......

It's a very modded 7750, much like our Asian 7753 copies.

Hublot claim they provide in-house "HUB 44" movement. However; compare the photo from their site about Rep VS Gen. I don't think it's In-house movement but ETA7750 re-decorate with Tungsten Rotor......

White Lie from Gen......... :mellow:

Actually it is La Joux-Perret movement, made for Hublot, but they use ETA 7750 ebauche, and add their chrono gears, hence the 9-6-3 dial layout.

So, speaking in auto-industry language engine is ETA, gearbox is La Joux-Perret, and bodyworks is Hublot ;)

regards

People buying the original HBB are not doing so for the caliber.. Like, say, a IWC 5001 or a Panerai 6152.

On the other hand, every owner of a genuine that wasn't already aware of the quality of superreps, will be now! Or to put it closer to the OT, they will know they are getting something not as exclusive as they thought when they looked at the price tag. It was a mistake on hublot's side.. Look at how Panerai responded: in house and innovative calibers.

Even Biver posts there!

I guess, Mr Biver will be lurking in our fora too.. Can any of the admins confirm? ;) Not that he would have posted his real email, but I doubt he would be using an anonymizer. Maybe he would be kind enough to respond to our threads too? He would find we are a friendly group of people into watches, calibers and their designs.

And to reiterate my previous comment. If they want to stay ahead of the rep makers, they only have to do what Panerai did: create inhouse innovative calibers, and stay away from 6497&7750 based ones. At least for their top models.

Looks like they are saving on the lume now too. :D

:D:D Good one.

Their "Bigger Bang" Tourbillon Chronograph is a good step forward, but is a very limited run of 54 pieces. Look for some hi res pictures in their galleries. It is a stunning piece.

Specs here: hxxp://www.thewatchquote.com/Hublot-Bigger-Bang-The-First-Tourbillon-Column-Wheel-Chronograph-No_5656.htm

Now they have to make an in house caliber for their Big Bang line.

7753 has a quick date change, via a push button at 10. :) Panerais use that.

Yes, but it's stupid. So stupid, Breitlings just don't have a quick-set date on their 7753s and now no longer use them at all. 7750 or 2894 for them now.

... and yes, "You see inside. Pretty pretty girls for you, sir, yes yes lai?"