When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Giorni Brevettato

TWP

These are pictures taken of my Pam 203 before i mod it. I will repost updated pictures once a taller cannon pinion is placed, and the dial is relumed. What do you guys and gals think? Any suggestions for lume colors, or any other mods I should do on it?

TWP-203.jpg

TWP-203_1.jpg

TWP-203_2.jpg

TWP-203_3.jpg

TWP-203_4.jpg

PAM-47MM-8DAY_6.jpg

Edited by TWP

Sure! Use "natural" SL for the lume, make the dial brown, make the back sapphire, and place a nice Angelus SF240 movement in. :D

Anyay, great pics! Congrats!

(whisper: it's 8 giorni brevettato)

Sure! Use "natural" SL for the lume, make the dial brown, make the back sapphire, and place a nice Angelus SF240 movement in. :D

Anyay, great pics! Congrats!

(whisper: it's 8 giorni brevettato)

The 240 i do not have but I do have a 210 that i am saving for another project ;)

Hello TWP if you have i would go with BGW9 and a mixture from the natural SL

And you will have a great result on this nice watch

C1W9DAYLIGHT.jpg

C1W9CHARGEDDAYLIGHT.jpg

C1W9CHARGEDNIGHT.jpg

And very nice pics so get it modded!!

P.S. what happend to the second hand in the first pic it looks cut of.... Photoshop mistake????

Greetings Navi ;)

Edited by NAVIGATER

i would go with brown dial... and 6152 case... i like it more as the fiddy case

203.jpg

Actually that is something I had thought about and now that people are mentioning the 6152 case with a display back is the way to go.

Hello TWP if you have i would go with BGW9 and a mixture from the natural SL

And you will have a great result on this nice watch

WOW TWP :) the last picture is awesome :wub: love the jacket :p had to say that :p

:D Thanks.

Really great photos. Love that watch too, hard to believe it needs any mods.

Thank you hambone.

Today i took the watch apart and mixed the lume. The color is horrible. I hope it looks better when it dries.

:D Thanks.

Thank you hambone.

Today i took the watch apart and mixed the lume. The color is horrible. I hope it looks better when it dries.

So you mixed the C5/ Y -1/2 mixture and now i looks horrible.

Was the C5 from the green line or blue line?? Normaly it doesnt mater it looks in daylight to greenish and will not look nice on this nice watch

Let us see the result please.

Greetings Navi ;)

So you mixed the C5/ Y -1/2 mixture and now i looks horrible.

Was the C5 from the green line or blue line?? Normaly it doesnt mater it looks in daylight to greenish and will not look nice on this nice watch

Let us see the result please.

Greetings Navi ;)

Okay i have to wait 72 hours before I can put the dial back together as the lume needs to cure.

Thans

Sure let it see then i am not that patient with my watches on my watches iy use a heating gun to dry it totaly out in minutes.

But just wait your hours because we dont want to ruin the dial or maybe you will have later a "sausage" dial :lol:

Greetings Navi ;)

Edited by NAVIGATER

Sure let it see then i am not that patient with my watches on my watches iy use a heating gun to dry it totaly out in minutes.

But just wait your hours because we dont want to ruin the dial or maybe you will have later a "sausage" dial :lol:

Greetings Navi ;)

Perhaps I am just old fashion and like to wait the 72 hours that it takes for the dials to cure. BTW does the heating gun work really good? If so I may consider this.

Yes it works for me without any problem but i only use that for PAMs with sandwich dial, because i dont know how a other dial reacts on the heat, so i would never do this to a sub dial or anything else with a glossy dial or glued markers on the dial. But for a sandwich dial it works very well because you realy can not destroy anything with the heat.

Greetings Navi ;)

For me i just bought the cheapest one i could get in the store. It is some cheap chinese product doenst even remember the brand. And as you are in the US and i m in Europe i think they dont even have the same brands of the chep things.

But maybe look for one where you can regulate the heat otherwise you will get a blued style sandwich dial like the real blued srews in a 6497 movement when the steel is heatet up with 190 celsius dont know how much it is in farenheit.

Greetings Navi

For me i just bought the cheapest one i could get in the store. It is some cheap chinese product doenst even remember the brand. And as you are in the US and i m in Europe i think they dont even have the same brands of the chep things.

But maybe look for one where you can regulate the heat otherwise you will get a blued style sandwich dial like the real blued srews in a 6497 movement when the steel is heatet up with 190 celsius dont know how much it is in farenheit.

Greetings Navi

Thanks Navi. I have spoken with some other modders and they have all told me the while this technique is not a bad one, the best technique is to let it dry slowwwwwww. This morning I will have a better appreciation of the colour of the lume dry and if I do not like I am going to wipe her clean and start all over.

Cheers

T

Edited by TWP

Thanks Navi. I have spoken with some other modders and they have all told me the while this technique is not a bad one, the best technique is to let it dry slowwwwwww. This morning I will have a better appreciation of the colour of the lume dry and if I do not like I am going to wipe her clean and start all over.

Cheers

T

I have to say it is 100% right to let i dry slooooowly is the best way!!! When i do watches for customers i always wait two days to reasamble the dials or hands just to be sure that the varnish is totaly dry.

But as said before i only use the heat gun on my own watches because i can not wait to se the result on the wrist that is why i used the heat gun several times on my own watches. For me i dont care if maybe a dial is ruins then i will start again for myself. But i realy dont want to mess up a customer watch otherwise i will maybe have the same problems like flav had in the past.

Greetings Navi