When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

HBB Uncomfortable deployant buckle Fix

rckh

Dear All:

Most of the members who bought HBB had suffer from the un-comfortable deployant buckle. I found a easy way to fix these annoying problem & will let us to enjoy our HBB in NO-PAIN!!!

1.) Bought a pack of "Scholl" Air-Pillo comfort Half Insoles USD$5.00 :

deployantbuckleFix001.jpg

2.) Package include one pair of Insoles + one self-adhesive strip:

deployantbuckleFix002.jpg

3.) Cut the insole into appropriate size as you want:

deployantbuckleFix003.jpg

4.) Peel off self-adhesive strip & stick on the FOAM side, and then place it on your HBB deployant buckle:

deployantbuckleFix004.jpg

5.) Fix completed; See? the deployant-Buckle no longer touch my wrist :D

deployantbuckleFix005.jpg

6.) wear your HBB in good health,Life is good!!!

HBBwristshot.jpg

Best Regards,

Raymond

Very clever Raymond, also very obtrusive. I am sorry to hear that the clasp is giving you problems. I can see that if you have the watch on too tight it might, but mine I wear just a little loose and it is not an issue at all. There are two little edges along the inside butterfly clasp the protrude too far past the buckle housing, and that is what is causing the discomfort. Try it a bit less tight and see what you think. :)

Very clever Raymond, also very obtrusive. I am sorry to hear that the clasp is giving you problems. I can see that if you have the watch on too tight it might, but mine I wear just a little loose and it is not an issue at all. There are two little edges along the inside butterfly clasp the protrude too far past the buckle housing, and that is what is causing the discomfort. Try it a bit less tight and see what you think. :)

Thx Buddy! Before I figure out the captioned fix for my HBB, I had already tried to fasten back one hole. However; it's too loose for me <_< . Because my wrist only got 15.3mm (Skinny...). Right now, using the foam pillo not only fix the buckle problem & also make my watch fit & stick on my wrist!

Best Regards,

Raymond :p

sheesh you used too much :X seriously, lol it shouldn't be seen.. hmm i'll take a few pics of mine on my wrist to show you..

basically the main padding you'll need to place it on is the METAL RIDGE part of the buckle...

just a tiny strip will make a world of difference and you won't see it once you put the watch on

sheesh you used too much :X seriously, lol it shouldn't be seen.. hmm i'll take a few pics of mine on my wrist to show you..

basically the main padding you'll need to place it on is the METAL RIDGE part of the buckle...

just a tiny strip will make a world of difference and you won't see it once you put the watch on

TomRiddle:

Thx for your comment! Yep, I also think I use too dawn much :yuk: ; I just cut it in a tiny piece & re-work again. Now It's not noticeable anymore. Photos will take on tomorrow; right now is too dark at night.

P.S : Surprisely, when I remove the self-adhesive strip which done at first time. I found that they are stick very very tight on the surface!! :o

Best Regards,

Raymond

Pic #5 is hilarious!

Looks great...would never notice it :)

;)

TomRiddle:

Thx for your comment! Yep, I also think I use too dawn much :yuk: ; I just cut it in a tiny piece & re-work again. Now It's not noticeable anymore. Photos will take on tomorrow; right now is too dark at night.

P.S : Surprisely, when I remove the self-adhesive strip which done at first time. I found that they are stick very very tight on the surface!! :o

Best Regards,

Raymond

the main thing is that when you have a beautiful watch like that, people will ask you to show them... and it doesnt look too good after being taken off. Its the watch that i only wear twice, and cannot figure out a way to make it to my daily wear.

in any way, its a BEAUTIFUL watch

the main thing is that when you have a beautiful watch like that, people will ask you to show them... and it doesnt look too good after being taken off. Its the watch that i only wear twice, and cannot figure out a way to make it to my daily wear.

in any way, its a BEAUTIFUL watch

Dear Friend:

Haven't see u almost a week; I think u just out-of town for your vocation or something. I thought about to buy your HBB as factory not going to make the polished bezel+SS HBB anymore! So happy to see u here!

Best Regards,

Raymond ;)

I have found that the rubber bracelet to be in between sizes.. I take a 125/80 in leather and this HBB bracelet fits a little tight on the 3rd hole..which is what it should be at for this size bracelet..

so I boiled water in a tea pot and "steamed" the rubber strap with the steam that flows out of the spout... stretched the strap a little and .. it stretched just enough to be a comfortable fit.... some times "imagination" is the best modder... Need is truely the Mother of invention.. because by no stretch of the imagination can I call myself a modder :rofl:

LIVE STRONG AND WEAR IT WELL

• 3 months later...

Theres another easy way to fix this problem and you don't have to put any pad on the clasp..You need an H screwdriver to do this, but if you just flip the strap around it eliminates the problem all together (i.e. wear your watch backwards with the dial upside down and it will feel about the same as if you were to reverse the strap)

Theres another easy way to fix this problem and you don't have to put any pad on the clasp..You need an H screwdriver to do this, but if you just flip the strap around it eliminates the problem all together (i.e. wear your watch backwards with the dial upside down and it will feel about the same as if you were to reverse the strap)

i heard about this.. got pics that show how it looks after?

i'm interested in trying this out.. but can't quite visuallize it

anyone try this method?

Just wear your hbb backwards and that should feel and look about the same as if you were to reverse the strap...if you have the screwdriver it takes no more than 5 minutes so you might aswel give it a shot and if it doesn't fix the problem 100% you can always go back to a little pad :D good luck

Just wear your hbb backwards and that should feel and look about the same as if you were to reverse the strap...if you have the screwdriver it takes no more than 5 minutes so you might aswel give it a shot and if it doesn't fix the problem 100% you can always go back to a little pad :D good luck

but wouldnt that mean that the Hublot buckle would be on your skin then? -.- aka hidden?

that sucks :p

No not at all, the buckle will just be on the opposite side on the bottom of your wrist..I don't mean flip it upside down, just reverse it...Take the half of the strap thats at the 12 o clock lugs and put on bottom @ the 6 lugs, and take the bottom half of the strap @ 6 oclock lugs and put it on top @ 12...See what i'm saying? I was just saying if you wear your watch backwards it will feel the same as if you were to reverse the band

P1040038_ice.jpg

Nice Tom! Glad I could help! Now you don't have to deal with having an ugly pad on your HBB :D

mine was never ugly :p it was stealthed

LOL but yea this is interesting.. the only bad part is i think i stripped one of the screws goddamnit! but i have loctite so itll hold, i hope