When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

What Floats Your Boat?

vlydog

Outdoor sports - not really a team sports guy, adrenaline is my thing, so
snowboarding - been riding since '90, and spent 3 seasons working in various roles in ski resorts in France and US

rock climbing - boulder up to V3, trad to E1 5c/6a, all in UK, but plan to try some Spanish rock this winter maybe.

cycling - both mtb and road, currently have a Trek for the road, and Marin full sus for the downhills

scuba-diving - learnt whilst at Uni, and dived extensively in UK (and yes, I've got a dry suit and wooly bear ;) ), only dive on holiday now though.

Awesome...we're on the same wave length. I used to do a lot of climbing pre-kids...now mostly gym stuff. Back in the day I was doing up to selected 6b trad...and working 7a+/7b sport...pretty solid on 6c. Now...the sidewalk is hard...so I've been doing lots of yoga to keep limber and build static strength.

I used to do a lot of cycling...road and MTB...now mostly road.

Less skiing these days...used to do a lot of winter camping...and kayak touring.

Vlydog, you're one of the most underrated members here. You're always coming up with great ideas and comments like these. Thanks! :)

As for me, other than WATCHES, of course. ;)

Books

Movies

Travelling

Militaria

Clothes

Sport (esp. soccer, tennis, golf as both particiant and spectator)

Fin de Si

I am a hardcore foodie. I love to eat new and exotic foods and dine on high end meals several times a week. My meals alone sometimes run over $2,000 per month. Second I am also a movie buff. I try to enjoy movies with substance and good acting but I occasionally enjoy the good B movie. I also collect all sorts of jewelry especially pinkie rings and designer eyeglasses (all are prescription). You will rarely see me without a watch, pinkie ring, iced out bracelet and pair of Cartier/Fred/gold & wood/luxuriator/ or persol shades on.

When I'm not eating or polishing watches and other bling, I'm playing No-limit Texas Hold Em. Life is good.......

I have also aqcuired over 50 pair of shoes including: Ferragamo, Gucci, Mezlan, Sandro Moscaloni, etc many in Ostrich, Gator, Croc and lizard. I also have close to 200 Tommy bahama silk shirts and about 100 Nat Nast silk shirts. I like to have a shirt to match every watch or vice versa.