When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

TT Sub Bracelet Screw Problem

The Mentalist

I have Trusty Blue TT Sub and my bracelet has fallen apart. On the links on the diving extension end of the clasp there is a row of four links and the corresponding screws, and on the other end of the clasp there is a single link with screw. All but the two screws that have fallen out tighten up fine. The ones that have fallen out have no thread. Is this normal or do I have a problem? I just need to know how to fix it. Maybe I should ask Andrew for some extra screws? The bracelet has already been resized with two links removed if that makes any difference. If anyone doesn't understand I'll post some pics once I dig out my camera.

You have a problem. Can you remove the two links where the two screws are stripped and replace them w/ the two links that you previosly took out? If you put the screws from the two extra links in the other links, you run the risk of stripping them also.

I always try to put the same screw in the same link to avoid stripping the screws. Silix sells tt sub bracelets BTW, if you can't fix it.

All fixed. I used the two removed links and took it to a jeweller who reassembled it.

Incidentally, this jeweller is also an AD and knows a thing or two about Rolexes. He initially did not question it as being a rep until he saw the midlinks which were the wrong shape. He then examined it in great detail and even took the bracelet off to check the endlink engraving and everything else. Totally confused and stunned, he said that if this was a rep, it was the best rep he'd ever seen. He asked me if the bracelet was an after market replacement saying that everything about the watch felt real: the feel, the finish and the detailing. He couldn't understand why every little detail could be replicated so well and why anyone would go to the trouble. It just goes to show, that wok rehaut or not, the high end reps are as close to the real deal as you can get short of paying over the odds or examining the watch next to a Gen.

Glad it worked out well for you.

I have slim wrist so I'm always taking links out of my new rep bracelets and I dread it - every time there is a frozen screw or the screw doesn't want to get tightened again or some such nonsense. I always have to struggle sizing the bracelet, makes me crazy.

• 5 weeks later...

Addendum to this little problem. The remaining screws have fallen out and my bracelet is now in several pieces. Looks like it's not the screws but the holes not being tapped properly as my watchmaker tried several new screws. I told Andrew and kudos to him, he immediately offered to send me a new bracelet. I originally asked for more screws but he insisted on sending me a new bracelet. Almost as if he knew what the problem was. So, a heads up, if you get a TT Sub be wary about the bracelet screws - they can fall out at any time!

Glad it worked out well for you.

I have slim wrist so I'm always taking links out of my new rep bracelets and I dread it - every time there is a frozen screw or the screw doesn't want to get tightened again or some such nonsense. I always have to struggle sizing the bracelet, makes me crazy.

Imagine how much fun it is to try and find 3 or 4 links to add everytime you get a new watch. Easy at the AD (other than the cost), a real pain in the ass trying to match them up from 1 or 2 different sources/makers for a Rep. Guess that is another reason for me to stick to unobtainable vintage, just a few more hard to find bits...