When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Iwc Alarm,..

How did this watch slip past me until yesterday ?

From Angus, and now Overboosted is selling his..

44mm.. :o

http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?showtopic=4185

I wish the hands were silver... but the band and case look

very solid....

Thoughts ?

I think one of the members here (or in TRC ... dont remember) is selling/trading one of these.

His pics are bit better. Have a look.

Edited: Its here and its from: overboosted

Edited by AMK000

dt, i've been interested in these 'alarm' movements for awhile, but i notice that when they come up for sale, the buyer frequently is a seller a month later... i haven't seen one in person, but i wonder how well the alarm works or if that is the source of disappointment. if there were an alarm movement that really worked well and made some kind of decent alarm sound, i think i'd get one... anyone got a jpeg of the alarm on these iwc's???

This is a beautiful watch, have been thinking of getting one for some time. Would like to know more about the quality though.

I agree that the hands would look better in silver, the white color looks thin and cheap.

Edited by LeGambleur

Watchwatcher,

Overbooted has one for sale if offers... He could tell you that info...

I was thinking about obtaining one... but something about the dial

is holding me off.... maybe it's too plain, simple or maybe it's the hands...

.. I can't quite pinpoint it....

but after time.. like everything else, {well not every watch..

Gerald Genta :black_eye: remains on top of my Ugly list}

but maybe it will grow on me..

Any other opinions from the collective, would be much appreciated... :D]

LeGambleur,.. thanks for the input.... maybe the hands could be changed out..?

I had been eyeing this one too. This is a sweet watch!

The alarm is probably a vibrating mechanizm that is wound with one of those crowns. It isn't a pretty sound, but functional.

I think this watch would look better in black, but that is just me. I agree that the bracelet looks really nice.

I have a feeling it's pretty much the same case as the GST and Aquatimer... just with different crowns... so it's probably not 44mm...

maybe 44mm with crown?

The genuine has a date and a differently shaped alarm hand.

I too liked the looks of this watch and was thinking about buying it. But somewhere I read a review that said the alarm sounded bad and that the movement was not good. I'm sorry I can't remember where I read the review. But I got the impression it was pretty face, junk interior.

DT... hey come'on now, don't get so down on gerald genta, after all he did the golfin mickey watch... he can't be all bad. i agree with your comment about the lack of 'baaammm' from the face... just nothing there that is particularly distinctive. if you took away iwc, it could be half a dozen other brands. these days i only buy very high quality with something distinct... last few buys... frank muller conq 6892, mbw red 1680 mod'd by zig, black-eyed orange monster... top of my list now is probably davidsen 195 pvd... i'd like to see a few to see how they're coming out, when he gets the wrinkles out, i'll be there... also still have an eye for the arktos, but i want to see best quality, perhaps 3rd or 4th gen later this year, then i'll bite.