When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Service Cost for Omega Seamaster (Genuine)

Guest REPPIN

Just a regular service, I have heard anywhere from 100-500 USD.

Good Lord, I wouldn't think so! I had my 1975 Seamaster day date (has a omega calibre 1022 in it) serviced - cleaned and oiled - at my regular local watch shop within the past 60 days. Cost for routine service $60. They also replaced a bad part, $25. Total about $94, including tax.

On the other hand, I had another watch shop tell me he would give me a "good deal" on servicing my Rolex rep (ETA 2836) ... at $100. I elected not to have him do that. :p

Take your watch by your favorite watch shop and ask.

Like most things in life, in watch servicing, you do indeed get what you pay for.

There are many shops that will service a movement for a few dollars, and that service is nothing more than a swish and dip, no disassembly, and no oiling except the finishing oil in the dip rinse solution.

Proper servicing requires a full teardown, cleaning, inspection, oiling of all the individial parts, which takes time, even a handwind needs 1.5-2 hours to service correctly. My local Honda garage charges $75 and hour... I hope a watchmaker charges at least the same as a car mechanic.

A reasonable fee for a real service of an automatic movement, from a commercial watchmaker, is $175-250.

RG

I called the Omega service center about 3 years ago for a quote and the price at that time was $200. Included full movement service, seals and polishing. I think they said crystals and other parts were extra. If I remember correctly they give a 2 year warranty. This was the Omega service center in the US, somewhere in Pennsylvania if memory serves, but I may be wrong.

I called the Omega service center about 3 years ago for a quote and the price at that time was $200. Included full movement service, seals and polishing. I think they said crystals and other parts were extra. If I remember correctly they give a 2 year warranty. This was the Omega service center in the US, somewhere in Pennsylvania if memory serves, but I may be wrong.

New Jersey, Omega's service center is in New Jersey. They will also polish the case and band in their full service price. I never had the stones to send my gens there however as I have read too many horror stories about their poor service.