When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Everybody Love Vbarrett!

rckh

Promise is Promise :p

Last Friday I got a not very good Light-Tan Calf strap for my PAM113. After read the post from Vbarrett I'm really not satisfied my new strap (Especially for the colour). They're just very different with what I really want. :huh:

Today; I search again in my home city. At last; I found a very good one! IMO; the colour are close to Gen (Dark Tan) & the quality much better than I own before.

Here we go AGAIN! :D

1.) Let's see the colour....Close to Gen!

dt2.jpg

DT1.jpg

2.) Compare with the one I got on last friday...

dt5.jpg

dt6.jpg

3.) More view on different angle...

dt7.jpg

dt10.jpg

dt8.jpg

dt9.jpg

4.) Wristshot...

dt11.jpg

dt12.jpg

dt14.jpg

dt13.jpg

wristshotdt.jpg

wristshotdt1.jpg

Thx so much for your help Vbarrett! You're always the best!

Best Regards,

Raymond

dt7.jpg

NIIIIIICE. :)

You must've huffed, and puffed and knocked on every Hong Kong strap shop, Raymond! A Herculean effort, no doubt to get just the RIGHT one, and it pays off handsomely.

Hopefully, you will tell me your secrets one day, if I ever head back to HK.

Incidentally, I ALMOST PMed you about the tan strap here:

hxxp://www.network54.com/Forum/353393/thread/1190134291/last-1190193692/FS+-+OEM+and+MF+prototype (change xx to tt)

But yours looks real good. :)

(BTW, I bought the MF python!)

Thx so much for your help Vbarrett! You're always the best!

Aww, thanks Raymond. That is much too kind of you! I enjoy helping most people out, but especially you. You're as earnest and transparently in love with Panerai, as I am. :)

P.S.: You know, I thought of you the other day when I heard that Liv Ullmann never misses two US TV shows -- Sex and the City, and Everybody loves Raymond. I'll let that sink in for a moment.

Ar...Too exciting about my new strap & have few things forget to report:

1.) I got my new strap by USD$74.- (I think the price is reasonable)

2.) I found a 2nd-hand shop which sell ALL style of SC-Straps at USD$102.- only!!! Why I not going to grab the SC? It's because the salesman told me that I can't use my bucklet......I don't like the bucklet provided by SC.

3.) I got my new strap in Ken's Watches; They selling Panerai from 5 years ago; even they're not the AD of Panerai in HK. But they're expert in Panerai. As my FXXKing tiny wrist too small; every single time I need to punch 2~3 more hole on strap. This afternoon I have a big-mistake to hand-over my watch to measure the length to make several punch....The shop owner "Ken" see the movement & look me back just less than 10sec.....He call-me-out with his eye....Dawn...I'm very embarrassing at that moment.

Once again, this's lesson teach me NEVER,NEVER hand-over your rep to someone under any circumstance. Maybe I'm too sensative; but after he found my watch is rep. He didn't provide a good service to me anymore. After he finish his ajustment & installed my new strap. He request me to pay by CASH NO CREDIT-CARD!!! This really [censored]-me off!! I wear a rep=I will use a fake credit-card?? Few minutes argue & he finally accept my credit-card... I NEVER going back to "Ken" anymore. They provide a lot of good OEM strap for Panerai, AP, IWC in very good price. But I won't purchase anything from there anymore!!!

Best Regards,

Raymond

The shop owner "Ken" see the movement & look me back just less than 10sec.....He call-me-out with his eye....Dawn...I'm very embarrassing at that moment.

Oh Raymond. :(

I'm sorry. To those who care, like you and I do, this is the single-worst moment that can happen to a rep watch owner.

There will be people that will scoff at your embarrassment, some will even tell you that you deserve it, trying to pass off your DSN as a gen (though you were not in the least). Stuff them. It's like they take a pride in shoving your discomfiture in your face.

Me, I do understand you, though, because of this:

Once again, this's lesson teach me NEVER,NEVER hand-over your rep to someone under any circumstance. Maybe I'm too sensative; but after he found my watch is rep. He didn't provide a good service to me anymore. After he finish his ajustment & installed my new strap. He request me to pay by CASH NO CREDIT-CARD!!! This really [censored]-me off!! I wear a rep=I will use a fake credit-card?? Few minutes argue & he finally accept my credit-card... I NEVER going back to "Ken" anymore. They provide a lot of good OEM strap for Panerai, AP, IWC in very good price. But I won't purchase anything from there anymore!!!

It's the judgementalism, the instant depreciation of ALL your worth as a human being, that stings.

Shake it off, baby, and move on. I'll be right there alongside you...

I NEVER going back to "Ken" anymore. They provide a lot of good OEM strap for Panerai, AP, IWC in very good price. But I won't purchase anything from there anymore!!!

Very nice strap, on a nic watch ,but... Raymond...

Why on earth,let this Ken - man,ruin your party.It would have been easier,for you , to BEG him, please Mr Ken ,take the strap off the watch, give him a fiver for his effort,and a wet towel to wipe the dirt off his hands, after touching a dreaded rep.

Wouldn't it ? :rolleyes:

Ah those Kens......do they know something that we don't, poor rep users !!!