When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

These Straps are no Caper

Victoria

Which Strap Should Vic Buy?  

19 members have voted

1. 1. For her PAM 112 or PAM 113

• Mario Paci XI - The Papaya
    • Giovanni e Figlio La Spezia Cognac

Too good not to mention guys, but please excuse if this is bad form:

Timeconnection.biz is having ANOTHER 50% sale, via other rep watch forums. Please have a gander at exact details there, and do take advantage of the situation, strapaholics. I don't usually mention those other forum deals, but this is special.

I'm thinking of all of you who especially wanted the Senape (which I've been told has limited stocks), or the Fiero, but couldn't conceive forking out almost $200 for a strap.

Me, I'm deciding whether to go with GeF's La Spezia:

LaSpezia_Cognac.jpg

Or, finally, the Mario Paci XI -- the Papaya:

MPXI_Papaya_Brown.jpg

In 24mm, to be used primarily with my PAM 112. I would've chosen the Papaya already, if only for the fact that I favour reddish tones in straps.

But if you have any opinions either way, please let me know. :)

Update: All is well. To those that understand my meaning, you will know what a weight off my mind this is. I'll begin the Caper Part 5 tonight!

Too good not to mention guys, but please excuse if this is bad form:

Timeconnection.biz is having ANOTHER 50% sale, via other rep watch forums. Please have a gander at exact details there, and do take advantage of the situation, strapaholics. I don't usually mention those other forum deals, but this is special.

I'm thinking of all of you who especially wanted the Senape (which I've been told has limited stocks), or the Fiero, but couldn't conceive forking out almost $200 for a strap.

Me, I'm deciding whether to go with GeF's La Spezia:

LaSpezia_Cognac.jpg

Or, finally, the Mario Paci XI -- the Papaya:

MPXI_Papaya_Brown.jpg

In 24mm, to be used primarily with my PAM 112. I would've chosen the Papaya already, if only for the fact that I favour reddish tones in straps.

But if you have any opinions either way, please let me know. :)

Update: All is well. To those that understand my meaning, you will know what a weight off my mind this is. I'll begin the Caper Part 5 tonight!

Of the two you've shown, personally, I'd go with the first strap...

I know it's not part of the Caper, but this is a strap I'll definitely have to aquire in the future :thumbsupsmileyanim:

p799463433-3.jpg

I have that strap on my Railmaster rep...it is great! You will definitely be very happy with it.

Indeed, I've seen it on someone else's PAM, and it looked really sharp :) Costs nearly 3 times what I paid for the watch, but I think it'll look awesome :)

[Edit to add]

Out of curiosity, did you fit an OEM Omega buckle to yours?

Edited by TeeJay

I have that strap on my Railmaster rep...it is great! You will definitely be very happy with it.

Now that is interesting, Defacto. Putting on PAM straps on other watches. Someone should post about this!

P.S.: TeeJay, I've had my eye on that very strap for a while! $179.00 divided by 2 = 89.5...never seen it lower...

P.P.S.: TeeJay, could you take a look at your PMs. I ask a followup question about your SC strap, since the link was missing. ;)

Indeed, I've seen it on someone else's PAM, and it looked really sharp :) Costs nearly 3 times what I paid for the watch, but I think it'll look awesome :)

[Edit to add]

Out of curiosity, did you fit an OEM Omega buckle to yours?

I did not, since the only omega logo buckle that I have is the deployant that came with the watch, which tapers down to about 20mm IIRC (I can't remember what it was since I got the watch in Nov '06, and basically threw the strap in the garbage as soon as it arrived, and put the buckle in my case). See pics below for an idea of what it looks like; sorry that there really isn't a good shot of the entire watch with the strap <_< . I love that the XXL accepts 24mm straps. It is just as chameleonic as a PAM when it comes to straps, IMO.

Now that is interesting, Defacto. Putting on PAM straps on other watches. Someone should post about this!

V, given that you're pretty comfortable wearing sizable watches, for what this cost, I would give this a go. It accepts 24mm straps, and like I was saying above, is incredibly versatile, and is remarkably accurate (as long as you ignore the lack of AR, and don't look at the movement in the back, since the bridges in the 6498 on the gen are very different). Especially after softening the edges of the case, I don't think it's any more cumbersome to wear than a 1950. Anyhow, see pics below for Bony Croc+Railmaster XXL:

Omega1.jpg

Omega2.jpg

Omega3.jpg

With the leather straps, it's not really an issue, as they all look great, but I'm sure I remember seeing where someone had fit a rubber Breitling (or PAM) strap to a Planet Ocean. That was just wrong :lol:

P.S.: TeeJay, I've had my eye on that very strap for a while! $179.00 divided by 2 = 89.5...never seen it lower...

One day :lol:B) I would order it now, but alas, birthday presents and guinea pig hutches have to come first :(

I did not, since the only omega logo buckle that I have is the deployant that came with the watch, which tapers down to about 20mm IIRC (I can't remember what it was since I got the watch in Nov '06, and basically threw the strap in the garbage as soon as it arrived, and put the buckle in my case). See pics below for an idea of what it looks like; sorry that there really isn't a good shot of the entire watch with the strap <_< . I love that the XXL accepts 24mm straps. It is just as chameleonic as a PAM when it comes to straps, IMO.

Omega1.jpg

Omega2.jpg

Omega3.jpg

That looks amazing. I'm definitely getting one of those straps now :thumbsupsmileyanim:

I agree about the Railmaster XXL. I love mine and often try my PAM straps on it. I currently am liking the Europelli Black Baseball with the Luminova color stitching on it. It is sporty compared to the bony croc but sets off nicely with the dial. I am thinking of an eventual gator for it as it seems to dress it up.

Just curious if you've made a decision?

BTW - GEF for my vote...

I will let the poll run until Friday, 11:59 PM EDT. It's tight! :)

I got a 2 fer -

Mario Paci 4 "The Submercitore" Tan

Mario Paci Special Edition "Allora a Ora" in Senape

THE SENAPE! You won't regret it. I have heard good things about the Submercitore, but I stay away from it since I consider it (like the Natale) a TOUCH too masculine for me.

P.S. - Glad to hear all is well...

Thanks, AA1! He's sleeping soundly in his own bed tonight, surrounded by his family. God has granted us another extension...anyway, thanks baby. :)

Sorry am I missing something because I can't see any 50% voucher/code anywhere?

:huh:

Ahem, as I said, "other forums". ;)

Don't know if this is kosher, but check here below (it's the same post, but the first requires no registration to read):

http://www.repgeek.com/showthread.php?t=3512

http://replica-watch.info/forum/viewtopic.php?t=32091

The owner of Timeconnection.biz didn't put an end date to the 50% off special. However, he did this ONCE, for USA Labour Day, and it lasted all the way through Monday. I'm guessing, GUESSING mind, that it will last the weekend.

But once it's over, it's no use he said, to email him asking for an extension, so if you will buy, buy it tonight!

Good luck. PM (though my Inbox is at 99%...) in case of need.

I cast the winning vote for La Spezia! I believe the voting closes at midnight as per Vicky. Look for it in a wrist check soon I'm sure.:)

THANKS!! :wub::wub:

I couldn't get on at midnight...

POLL OFFICIALLY CLOSED. The RESULTS ARE!

Mario Paci XI - The Papaya [ 7 ] ** [46.67%]

Giovanni e Figlio La Spezia Cognac [ 8 ] ** [53.33%]

Whew, neck and neck until the very last vote, nearly at midnight.

THE PEOPLE HAVE SPOKEN! ...Giovanni e Figlio La Spezia in Cognac it is! Indeed, wrist-checks here I come. :tu:

Sorry just to double check, can these straps fit the Fiddy (Pam 127)? Or what size should I look for? Thanks.

Someone PMed me about Fiddy straps, and since my Inbox was at 100%, I haven't replied. Not sure if that was you, Alant, but hang in there! Just about to.

Fiddies are 47mm so you will need straps that are 26mm at the lug ends.

The buckle ends typically are 24mm, but they can be any combination -- thus you will see straps listed as 26/26, 26/24, or even, for Radiomirs oftentimes, 26/22.

Just checked both these straps. Elliot (the owner of Timeconnection.biz, who incidentally is travelling in Italy at the moment, picking up new hides for straps) has these listed:

Mario Paci XI in Papaya Brown. Can you feel the Patina? 24/24 125/80

GeF La Spezia 5.5mm in Cognac with New Marina 3mm thick buckle for Panerai watches 24/24 and 130/85 & 26/24 and 125/80

...so, this means you can't for the moment get the Papaya for the Fiddy, but it IS available if you buy La Spezia Cognac.

The GeF seems similar to one I already have, namely:

Mario Paci Private Stock in Cognac 24/24 125/80 (I myself was the last person to get the MPPS in Cognac for the Fiddy! Lucky moi)

p74678344-2.jpg

But having seen pics on wrist-checks, I would say the Paci Cognac is deeper. This La Spezia seems more lively, and slightly less buttery soft -- which is good sometimes for 44mm PAMs.

HTH. :)