When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Dear Folks: Please tell will u going to buy this?

rckh

Dear All:

I found something very interest; & I want to hear from all of u. What do u think? Is it worth?

"Citizen Eco-Drive BL-9000"

~ Perpetual Calendar

~ Minute Repeater Function

~ GMT Dual Time

~ Alarm

~ Curve Sapphire Glass

~ Date and Month Display

~ Eco-Drive (Recharged by any light sources, no need to change battery)

~ Eco-Drive 240 Days Running Time From Full Charge

~ Insufficient Charge Warning Function

~ Quartz Movement

~ Price are below USD$400.-

Why I'm interest? This is the first quartz watch which provide "Minutes-Repeater"Demo + "Perpetual Calender" (According the information from official-site; no need to adjust the day until Year 2100) + Dual Time GMT & less than USD400.

If the above function provide in a mechanical-watch; the price will un-touchable sky-high. I knew it's not a cool or good looking watch. Any comment ?

Best Regards,

Raymond

if I am going to buy a perpetual calendar it will be a mechanical powered watch...the same goes for the min repeater...I am not buying anymore quartz watches...dunno what would really need to happen that i buy one...so this one is defintely not going to be bought by me...as for the citizen...i like only a couple of models..those big divers...those are nice!...and have a mechanical movement...

I don't like it. I do like some Citizen. Like the Campanola. But not this one.

I remember when I first saw it and was awed about the accuracy of these watches. I was pulled in by their print ad. But the copy fails to mention what kind of mechanism it is, so I had to do the research myself.

But at $3-4K, with these complications and metals offered is still a bargain if all you care about is aesthetic appeal.

Why I'm interest? This is the first quartz watch which provide "Minutes-Repeater"Demo + "Perpetual Calender" (According the information from official-site; no need to adjust the day until Year 2100) + Dual Time GMT & less than USD400.

I hear what you are saying, Raymond, but I'm afraid I will also say :thumbdown:

The white face looks too plain and nerdy, and the blue face looks unserious. It doesn't even have the quirkiness of an all-white Timex Triathlon Dual-Tech which Will Ferrell wore in "Stranger than Fiction".

Sorry babe. :(