When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

A prayer to all members

sssurfer

I have to submit a prayer to the members who post pics.

Please don't use "Hotlink for forums" or the "Insert Link" button, rather use the "Insert Image" button (by pasting the "Direct link to image" in the window that pops up when clicking on the "Insert Image" button).

With the "Hotlink for forums" method, all I get are pics like this:

adva8.jpg

...that even disappear when I pass on them with the mouse pointer.

(I know this is due to a diabolic interaction between my browser and my firewall, but if I change the setup I get buried by popups, banners and ads).

I know I am asking to modify some well established habits to someone, I am sorry about that.

But this is going to cost you just one more click (that on the "Insert Image" button), and it will allow me to look at your pics (on which I assure I am interested) without opening a reply window, copying the text in the hotlink, opening a new blank window, pasting the text in the address window, and going there.

This for every and each of your pics.

Really thanks to all who will help!

What popup blocker and firewall are you using? i havent seen a popup ad on my computer is over a year. ive got the google blocker running (with IE6) and its fantastic along with my router as my firewall... i know this isnt really the response you were looking for but it sounds like something isnt working right on your end... This seems a little strange.. maybe pug or someone can give you some suggestions. try running something like spybot or adware also to get rid of the spyware that contributes to popups and banners.. like i said i never get those :)

Lonnie

(I know this is due to a diabolic interaction between my browser and my firewall, but if I change the setup I get buried by popups, banners and ads).

I am using Firefox as my browser, and Zone Alarm as my firewall. I also have NOD32 running as my antivirus.

No specific popup blocker, just Zone Alarm setup to block almost everything.

I used to use zonealarm back in 2000. Ever since I upgraded to XP pro no need. IE7 and XP pro will block everything if configured properly. You may have spyware on your computer causing pop ups. Try running ad aware or spybot. In IE 7 or control panel go to tools-internet options-programs and click the add ons button. You may be surprised as to what programs are running in conjuction with your internet connection. Ad programs regularly install ad ons that cause lots of trouble.

hope you sorted out the problem, the others are right on what to do. Spybot is share or freeware as well, and works pretty well.

Edited by Chronus