When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

The Big Pilot [almost]

XRT

Hi friends, Steinhart Pilot watch is there :D

It's arrived begin of the week (8 days after ordered)... and can't wear anything else then...

Very well package, with a beautifull wood box, the watch, a second strap and the tool.

Here are the first pics taken less than one hour ago. Try to post more pics with box and package.

IMG_1652.jpg

IMG_1651.jpg

IMG_1650.jpg

IMG_1649.jpg

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Here are the first pics taken less than one hour ago. Try to post more pics with box and package.

IMG_1652.jpg

I got the same watch this week, only down side was the dial has less illumination then the regular B-Uhr they sell with the unitas movement. However, I love the lack of a logo on the dial and the thicker case is nice.

TimeShare

Edited by TmeShare

here are some more pics of the package ...

Steinhart take care of the packaging of its product

IMG_1654.jpg

When the first box was opened i was really surprise by the quality of the wood box (nothing to compare with some box cames with 500$ rep.... just to remember it's a 600$ gen)

IMG_1655.jpg

IMG_1657.jpg

Then Always impressed by the presentation.

IMG_1658.jpg

With the Limited N

Hi friends, Steinhart Pilot watch is there :D

It's arrived begin of the week (8 days after ordered)... and can't wear anything else then...

Golfman - Beautiful watch. I love the way the polished bezel looks on the limited and the crown looks like it has that nice polished luster that makes it look like a 10 carat rock sitting on the side of the case.

I contacted Herr Steinhart and told him I would be in Munich in January and would like to buy a watch. He emailed me back and said to come on by and that he looked forward to meeting me.

After seeing your watch it sure is tempting to go ahead and place the order now!

That is one fine watch!!!!!!!!!!

I must say I am very impressed by the watch from what I have seen from the pictures. Even at large pictures (4 times as big as the actual watch) I cannot see any major flaws. I also think that on a tool watch, it is almost suitable if it still looks a bit rough. And then again as stated above, at a watch for around 300, they of course will have to cut corners somewhere. And I dont find it strange at all that if the watch is twice as expensive, you of course will have get something with a nicer finish.

But as I said, it is a beautiful watch. I will order one this week. The model with ETA/Unitas 6497. Even if a bomber watch should have a large second hand, I like the manual 6497 very much so I will go for it instead.

• 1 month later...

I just wanted to give my very best recomendations for the Steinhart watch. I boght one a week ago and I must say I am very very impressed by the finish and quality. Much much better than one could expect from a watch with that price tag. The same day i also received an IWC Aquatimer (the previoius model) and in terms of finish I dont see much difference (I am serious). I also checked the luminova and after a minute under a lamp and then total darkness reveals no significant differences between the Aquatimer and the Steinhart.

So if you are interested in a Big Pilot but not the price tag, this one offers a fantastic value for money.

I bought the watch directly from their webpage. The guy is really good with comunication. Always a reply within 24 hrs.

Sorry if i began to be boring, but it's definitly one of my favorite watch ...

So some pics with the second strap

Golfman - Keep them coming. My daughter has been in London (attending college) for three months now. My visit to Europe has now been secured for the first week of Feb and I have convinced my wife we need to go to Munich for a few days (she doesn't know I am plotting on her to meet with Herr Steinhart and buy a watch)

Your pictures keep the excitement building so that I can make it to Feb...

Edited by jake48

Welcome on Steinhart board Nrnixon ;)

Pics, pics !!!!

I am sorry but I am not very good with computers and cameras. Still though I must say that it is a very nice watch. I have gone over the watch with a magnifier just to take a close look at the finish, and I must say I cannot see a single flaw. And then also consider that I have been a collector of gen watches for over 10 years so it is not that I lack references. So at this price, it offers a fantastic value for money.

• 4 weeks later...

Golfman,

Thanks for turning me onto this brand and thanks for making my wallet lighter....I just got an email from Gunther Steinhart on the new LE 47mm Unitas center second hand movement flieger....they are doing it in only 55 watches and I have a very nice low number reserved.

:plane:

I almost pulled the trigger on the one you have until he asked if I'd be interested in his Unitas 6497 handwind....doh..... :doh:

Here is its sexy backside:

714vukj.jpg

Can't wait.... :greedy:

Golfman,

Thanks for turning me onto this brand and thanks for making my wallet lighter....I just got an email from Gunther Steinhart on the new LE 47mm Unitas center second hand movement flieger....they are doing it in only 55 watches and I have a very nice low number reserved.

:plane:

I almost pulled the trigger on the one you have until he asked if I'd be interested in his Unitas 6497 handwind....doh..... :doh:

Here is its sexy backside:

%7Boption%7Dhttp://i7.tinypic.com/714vukj.jpg%7Boption%7D

Can't wait.... :greedy:

Is that a center seconds gear train added? Pics of the front of the watch?

Golfman,

Tech,

Happy if i have help you :D

My NavB is definitly among my prefered watches.

Have you more pics of the new limited Ed :thumbsupsmileyanim:

i will see tomorrow morning : leaving for a xmas party between friends (with my NavB off course) ;)

I just have a look on Steinhart site and nothing about this new and secret watch ....

They aren't posted on the website.

Send an email to Gunther, he will let you know....he already has 30 of them spoken for...and it hasn't even been advertised yet.....will sell out immediately for sure....

B)

• 3 weeks later...
They aren't posted on the website.

Send an email to Gunther, he will let you know....he already has 30 of them spoken for...and it hasn't even been advertised yet.....will sell out immediately for sure....

B)

The new watch is on the web site under Limited Edition or you can click on the picture of the watch on the openeing page and it will take you to the details page.

Here is the dial:

545457747uhrnr2.jpg

I have finally set my dates to visit my daughter in London for the end of Feb and I contacted Gunther to ask him if I could come buy and pick up a watch from him. He was very nice and invited me to come and meet with him. I liked the basic Pilot watch he sells and for the price it is such a good deal, but this new watch - WOW! What a great looking movement.

Only one problem - I am getting beat up so bad with the USD to Euro excgange rate that a price tag of $1855.00 USD is out of my reach - DARN! I really like this watch...

Edited by jake48

The new watch is not listed per say... If you go to the Stienhart Website and click on the picture of the new watch that is shown on the openeing page, it will take you to a hidden link with all the details.

Here is the dial:

545457747uhrnr2.jpg

I have finally set my dates to visit my daughter in London for the end of Feb and I contacted Gunther to ask him if I could come buy and pick up a watch from him. He was very nice and invited me to come and meet with him. I liked the basic Pilot watch he sells and for the price it is such a good deal, but this new watch - WOW! What a great looking movement.

Only one problem - I am getting beat up so bad with the USD to Euro excgange rate that a price tag of $1855.00 USD is out of my reach - DARN! I really like this watch...

Gunther should have emailed you about the new watch....at least he sent me one announcing it....

Stinkin euro to dollar is gonna kill me too...but after looking at Archimede, Stowa, Debaufre, Laco...et al....I just decided to bite it and get this one....I love that movement!!! I love the size as well...I figure if it has to get sold down the line...it will retain its value. And I will never drop $10k on the BP....maybe $10k on a used PAM 233....so, this one is getting my money for sure.

And Gunther reserved a very cool number for me....If you don't want to spend that kind of money than look over on the other fora for some other alternatives....seems there are a lot of fliegers out there at a fraction of the cost of the BP....

B)

Gunther should have emailed you about the new watch....at least he sent me one announcing it....

Stinkin euro to dollar is gonna kill me too...but after looking at Archimede, Stowa, Debaufre, Laco...et al....I just decided to bite it and get this one....I love that movement!!! I love the size as well...I figure if it has to get sold down the line...it will retain its value. And I will never drop $10k on the BP....maybe $10k on a used PAM 233....so, this one is getting my money for sure.

And Gunther reserved a very cool number for me....If you don't want to spend that kind of money than look over on the other fora for some other alternatives....seems there are a lot of fliegers out there at a fraction of the cost of the BP....

B)

I am going to buy this one:

88411851Flieger_steel_front_back.jpg

For $460.00 you can't beat it! I am going to try and talk Gunther into a strap like the one Golfman has though. I think the tan strap will look great on this watch. I also intend to try and polish the brushed bezel to resemble the limited edition style bezel as found on Golfman's watch. We will see how it comes out....

This strap:

IMG_1678.jpg

IMG_1678.jpg

The limited you are getting is THE Stienhart to own for sure. I have never seen a 6497 modded like that and think you are correct to assume the uniqueness of this watch's movement and limited status should add to it's value...

Edited by jake48

No doubt...for $460, its tough to beat amongst the many makers.

I definitely "wrestled" with the various versions out there....I originally was going to get the same as golfman....but those are sold out...and I really wanted a handwind....just not crazy about an auto ETA movement in these "vintage" pieces...

I think all the Steinhart models are reasonably priced and very attractive...yours is a winner for sure....I'm just waiting on the German holidays to end around the 7th I think before Gunther starts answering emails again....and I get this bad boy on my wrist!

:-)

No doubt...for $460, its tough to beat amongst the many makers.

I definitely "wrestled" with the various versions out there....I originally was going to get the same as golfman....but those are sold out...and I really wanted a handwind....just not crazy about an auto ETA movement in these "vintage" pieces...

I think all the Steinhart models are reasonably priced and very attractive...yours is a winner for sure....I'm just waiting on the German holidays to end around the 7th I think before Gunther starts answering emails again....and I get this bad boy on my wrist!

:-)

When you get the watch - you know you have to post pictures!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's in the rules... :lol:

I originally was going to get the same as golfman....but those are sold out...

Remember friends !!! That what i have said in october :"In conclusion : go for it right now, it's a limited edition, only 333 in all ;) ". It's curious cause this model is always online on Steinhart site !

The new LE is awsome, and with this movement it wins more authenticity, .......... but 1800 $ :huh:

Good luck for your trip and as jake48 said : don't forget to post pics of this beauty :D