When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

The Big Pilot [almost]

XRT

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

One of the reasons I collect watches is that every watch has a story. Vintage watches come with a story already built in and when you buy a new watch it is up to you to give the watch a story.

This is the story I gave to my new Steinhart.

My daughter was quickly approaching the end of her school year in London and I had promised her that my wife and I would visit her while she lived in London and attended college. Prior to embarking on our trip to visit her, I was cruising RWG and stumbled on this thread. I had always loved IWC's and in particular the Big Pilot. With one of my kids having completed his college education, one attending college in London and two more remaining to put through college, it wasn't going to be anytime soon that I could afford an IWC Big Pilot. I liked what I read about Steinhart and in large part due to what I read here at RWG , decided to contact Steinhart about purchasing a watch.

After a few emails back and fourth I quickly discovered what a nice guy G

Edited by jake48

• 3 weeks later...

I have decided to step up to the plate and buy the Limited. I have a couple of questions that hopefully members with more experience than me can answer.

I'm located in Canada is it best to buy from the German Steinhart site or the US Debaufre site. I only see EU pricing on the Steinhart and the converted prices seem higher than the Debaufre site prices. Personally I would like to see the Steinhart name on the dial. I see several pictures of both on this thread and was wondering if all of the Steinharts are purchased on his site by members who are EU located.

Any help before I dust off the Visa would be appreciated.