When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Dealer refusing? Please help :(

dastrix

@ Dastrix

A few points before getting down to the issue of your watch...

First off, as mentioned above, if that is a photo of you in your avatar, I would strongly advise you to remove it. I've seen how 'cyber-stalkers' operate, and having your own photo on a forum related to illegal goods is, at best, a bad idea, at worst, could prove embarassing at some future point...

With regards the comment made about an AD confiscating your watch... I'm not sure about Australian law, but, in the UK and USA, owning a replica is not illegal, and, as such, it is protected by the same laws as any other item of personal property. No AD (in the UK or USA) has the legal right or power to confiscate the watch and take it away from you. That is not their jurisdiction. That said, as people said previously, taking the watch into a TAG AD was not the best thing to do. Way better to find an independant jeweller/watchsmith and have them work on your watches. ADs will not deal with a replica. THey might adjust the bracelet (if they don't identify it initially as a rep) but any other kind of repair, especially internal work, will likely get it returned to you, untouched, with some very condescending comments... Independant stores are the way to go with this hobby ;)

Okay, onto your issues with your watch...

Having read your comments here:

It wasnt the dealer, i sat there and watched him remove the link. He commented on how nice the watch was ;)

It WASNT there when I had the link out..

That leaves the conclusion that the watch was damaged after the bracelet was re-sized. I know you've said you didn't inspect it closely when it arrived, but, if you are sure enough that it wasn't there when the link was taken out, then you must've given it a reasonable inspection to be able to make that statement. While I am not going to say it's impossible that you missed the mark initially, ( I know how in the excitement of receiving a new watch, flaws can be overlooked) the fact your comments are so sure that the mark was not there prior to the re-sizing, rather suggest that the watch was accidentally scratched after that was done. If that's the case, then that's just 'wear and tear', and, as annoying as it is to scuff up something new the day it arrives, that's just the way things go sometimes...

While I agree that you shouldn't have to pay a $20 return fee, I take it from the comments that your dealer has not charged you for the repairs? If that's the case, and given the likelihood that the watch was not damaged when they shipped it to you, try looking at the $20 as their fee for repairing the watch rather than a shipping fee. I know that's not the case, but mentally, it might help make the situation more acceptable if you consider it a repair fee rather than a release fee. Overall, I would go with the suggestion that V made to you initually: Pay the $20, don't use the dealer again, and 'name and shame' if you still feel it appropriate. Normally, in the case of a dealer trying to pull a fast one on an unsuspecting buyer, then I would be behind you 100%, but your own statements that the watch was okay prior to re-sizing do rather suggest that the watch was accidentally damaged after that was done. I'm not saying this to suggest that you might have been careless, but because I believe you when you say that the mark was not there before the bracelet was re-sized, and if you're that sure of things, then I tend to believe that kind of certainly as being accurate.

Best of luck with resolving the situation :)

Edited by TeeJay

I'm getting a little cofused with your dialouge.... are you saying the collector that you purchased the rep from is holding it until you send payment for shipping, who is the dealer you are reffering to???

who removed the links from your rep.?? your local watchsmith ... (right?)

what I think is... it's 4th down and 1 yard to go ... 4th quarter .. you are down 3 points... 3 minutes to play... your on your own 20 yard line.... PUNT ... live to play another series..

He's in Australia, not America!!! Tell him it's stoppage/injury time. ;)

With the watch, as you had not agreed anything with shipping beforehand, it is understandable why the dealer wants you to pay. He hsa you over a barrel, and you really should have agreed it beforehand.

As it is, you can order another watch and get them shipped back together, or just pay the charge and get it back. If you ask for registered mail, it will be cheaper but take longer.