When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

is this ebay seller and item legitimate?

dvn

dvn my friend,

I honestly cannot tell, maybe By-Tor can be of more help. My only concerns are this seller only as 11 feedbacks, but NONE as a seller. I would pay with PayPal and take the watch to an authorized Omega dealer IMMEDIATELY! If it is in fact not gen contact PayPal immediately. Also contact Omega with the serial no. I just can't see a watch like that going for that low a price and the description says nothing about it being genuine. I sincerely hope it is gen and you got a great deal.

Careful. Look at the deals this seller has done. All are only since Sep 3, and all are each for pennys. Looks to me like a pattern to establish an apparent record of successful transactions. And look at the feedback on the penny transactions! Very exuberant for such biddy deals. There is no feedback anywhere where this seller sold anything, let alone anything of substance.

You may want to appeal to the ebay security center for guidance.

Given the poor quality of the pictures of the watch, I don't think you can tell whether it is genuine or not.

I can almost guarantee that it is a scam. Look at what the seller purchased as items on ebay. It has to be a joke. A cover sheet? Ebooks? This "seller" opened the account for the purpose of scamming others.

That being said,

I would not pay by paypal if I were you. Note that on the bottom of the screen they only offer $200USD in buyer protection.

Secondly, any reasonable seller would send you high-res scans of the watch if you are still suspicious. If they are apprehensive about that, then you know what their actual intentions are.

And lastly, escrow (or other agreement) is always a viable option.

The seller says "I BELIEVE IT IS Mens Model # 2200.50.00 OMEGA RED LEATHER BOX, CARDS, TAGS"

How come he only believes it to be this model - if he has the cards and tags he will know for sure. The clasp is wrong (no PLANET OCEAN text), photos are rubbish, no sign of a serial number on the lugs. I'm not an Omega expert but I don't like the look of it. Be careful.

You probably won't even have to take a hit to your feedback. Assuming you haven't paid yet, send the seller an e-mail telling him that you have reason to believe that the watch isn't authentic. He will likely just go away. From what other members here are saying, he knows that his watch is a fake and he probably won't push the issue.

I purchased a rose tudor sub that was a replica. I realized this only after I had paid. I got lucky and the seller either didn't know he had a fake (he was a regular watch seller with great feedback) or realized it only after he had put the watch up for sale. He refunded my account and as far as I could tell, never relisted the watch (I kept looking for it to resurface for about a month).

Good Luck

I hope you didn't pay yet. I'd bet the amount of money the auction ended at on the watch being a rep. He "padded" his feedback rating with cheap junk and it probably only cost him 5 bucks to do so. All digital items, etc. If I was in your position I would rather take a hit by getting neg feedback for not paying than send that scammer 1500 and get a $200 rep.

I don't know everything about Omega's but it looks completely like a rep to me.

First of all, the face pic clearly shows lack of double AR on the crysral

Second, the minute hand length is wrong, and it has the wrong orange second hand tip.

Definitely a rep, and a cheap one at that. not even a Ultimate PO

I would contact e-bay and put a stop to this guy's scam.