When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Jesper Parnevik's 1655 Explorer

docblackrock

Nice one Doc, eMail to be responded to soon. :)

img1208jc6.jpg

Beautiful watch. Is that the Beautiful Blue Danube in the background?

Just kidding, I know it's not. I've seen it. But I like the watch!

This may be the next classic that Rolex trashes.

Carl

Love love the watch. But Jesper's eternal stovepipe-Teddy Boys-Mick Jagger trousers have GOT to go.

(They're as annoying as the late Payne Stewart's "knickers")

It is amazing how JP has gone from 'clown' with his 'zany' knitwear and stupid turned-up cap, to the man always voted the most stylish golfer of all time. Answer is of course, his 'partnership' with Johan Lindeberg. Whilst you've got to admit the style is not one every man can carry off (especially if you're not whippet-thin), there is something very cool and confident about that Rat Pack-era monochrome look, a nod back to the greats of the time, the Palmers, the Players (although Jack does not quite fit style-wise for some reason). The confidence rubs off apparently on the course.

(OMG , just realized I'm have a discussion about fashion with VB :unsure: - how metrosexual of me :lol:)

Anyway, you can't compare any of that to Stewarts 'buffoon' outfits. Without wishing to speak ill of the dead, the man did it for effect. JP on the other hand is naturally 'eccentric'. His choice of vintage Rollie speaks volumes. It was made for someone like that.

Anyway, you can't compare any of that to Stewarts 'buffoon' outfits. Without wishing to speak ill of the dead, the man did it for effect.

I actually agree with that!

It's hard to explain, but he did it ONLY to stand out. Someone said of him that he told that person he didn't want to be yet another blond, blue-eyed professional golfer around...

JP on the other hand is naturally 'eccentric'. His choice of vintage Rollie speaks volumes. It was made for someone like that.

But, though I completely understand that Jesper is an individualist, I wouldn't say he was that far different from Payne Stewart's impulse in looking different.

Jesper is the son of one of Sweden's foremost comedians, if memory serves, so this could be a form of poking fun at the whole spectacle of golf, with its rules, with its formality.

But as you said, he ultimately chose a specific designer for his sportswear, and that to me is not truly eccentricism.

Eccentrics do not care of the effect they make on the world. They do so not to stand out, but because they are comfortable in their own skin, but also, self-indulgent and rather childish at times.

Ludwig II of Bavaria -- true eccentric

Dennis Rodman, ex-NBA player -- fake eccentric

Michael Jackson -- true eccentric

Madonna -- fake eccentric

Small wonder Madonna and Wormy dated...

E.g.: I often wonder what people think when they see me go downstairs next to the pool area of my condo, and see me stick out my hand and take photos of my wrist. Or lug around my coats, Barbour jackets in an enormous leather duffle bag, for the Capers, and take photos of these items on the tables. Meanwhile, Ford models are around the pool peering at me through their D&G sunglasses.

But do I care? No. British eccentricism rules. :)

But, though I completely understand that Jesper is an individualist, I wouldn't say he was that far different from Payne Stewart's impulse in looking different. Jesper is the son of one of Sweden's foremost comedians, if memory serves, so this could be a form of poking fun at the whole spectacle of golf, with its rules, with its formality.
Beg to differ, he is VERY different to Stewart. His individualistic streak is IMO inherent and genuine rather than contrived. It's a fine line, just look at the most obvious heir to Stewart's legacy, our very own Ian Poulter :blink: Garish, tasteless, and disrespectful or funky, refreshing, modern? Whatever your view, what's worse is that unlike major-winner and Ryder Cup stalwart Stewart, Poulter is rapidly becoming the Anna Kournikova of golf. All show very little substance. <_< . Actually if you're interested, there's a very good article in same issue about golf's worst fashion crimes - even poor old Sergio Garcia gets a beating for his pastel 'suits' - the lemon curd one featured I witnessed in person at the Open in Hoylake last year (my 'home' course :D) - and yes, it was truly horrific.

But as you said, he ultimately chose a specific designer for his sportswear, and that to me is not truly eccentricism.
Actually Lindeberg approached Parnevik to be his 'muse', not the other way round ;) Why not judge for yourself, as I think he lives in your neck of the woods no? Florida, famously the home of pro golfers, tennis players and the elderly :lol:

Meanwhile, Ford models are around the pool peering at me through their D&G sunglasses. But do I care? No. British eccentricism rules. :)
Ah well, I suppose if you can't beat 'em, eh? :bleh:

(*mental note....hmmm, sunny weather, communal pool with agency models lounging round all day, VB's PAM collection, :whistling:)

*starts to type in "www.ba.com/flights/miami interna.....*

(*mental note....hmmm, sunny weather, communal pool with agency models lounging round all day, VB's PAM collection, :whistling:)

*starts to type in "www.ba.com/flights/miami interna.....*

Do you have access to FashionTV? Well, my parents watch it disturbingly frequently (it's like their favourite channel...), and though both are fashion-plates, I did find out it's because they sometimes spot one of our neighbours there.

"That's the girl from the third floor. Nice Valentino gown." (mum)

"No, from Penthouse." (dad)

I'm just hoping he means the top floor. *g*

P.S.: I do know Caroline Trentini was staying in the condo next door, perhaps for an extended shoot. I saw her myself.

P.P.S.: Apropos to the thread, fashion models in SoBe are almost exclusively into Rolexes. They love Subs.