When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

best IWC reps?

breitling1234

what's the best IWC reps? I am interested in the Mark XV series ..where is the best reps ?

I can comment about rep Mark XV, I have/had both MARK XV version that is available.

- One has a problem with case/mvt fitting design, (mine broke, and will go in bin). The problem is the stem has a critical angle to reach the mvt and put stress on the stem and eventually will broke. My watchsmith told me even if he replace the stem, the stem will broke again. This version is the one with a see trough case back, "IWC" engraved on the side, and a white square around date (gen don't have this).

-The other one is little thicker than the gen model. This one has a solid case back (like the gen). Don't has the "IWC" engraved on the side. And there's no white square around the date.

I suggest you to purchase the second one.

There's a very good IWC rep, it's the pilot chrono 3717. You can't go wrong with this one, just read some thread here. A lot will MOD it by relume hands, put gen wheel date, swap the low beat (21k) Asian 7720 mvt for a swiss ETA 7750, or send the Asian high beat (28k) version for a full services by The Zigmeister to have a watch that will be trustable for years and years to come. I will let others to comment on other IWC.

Good hunting.

Edited by magagne

• 2 weeks later...

I am bit of vintage rolex fiend but i have to say that IWC are the sharpest wathces i have seen... quite understated but at the same time very recognizable espesially by wrist watchers like my self... tonnes of respectablility ... i am a great B- uhr fan and gen big pilots just get me moist ... a little bit ago i saw a spit xvi on a flight from london to NYC and i have been searching for a good rep of it since.... I have recently put in an order for a 3717 pilot from GZ and it looks very crisp (from what i have seen) ... and it is the type of style that is rugged enough to wear casually and understated enough to wear with a suite ... i will post pictures when i recieve it... IWCs are brilliant !!! i would say you can't go wrong with one rep or gen.

• 2 weeks later...