When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New begin of this Week, Wristcheck!

rckh

I am curious whether, if I can pull off a HBB, I'll be able to pull off a fiddy?

For some reason the HBB doesn't feel too big on my smaller wrists, but slap on a uPO, and just the way the watch 'sits' makes me feel as though it's way too big.

Because it's a hunk of (stainless) steel on your arm. Panerai are different. The Fiddy is enormous, and wears large, no doubt of that. But I find after a few seconds, I forget it's on my wrist.

I never forget a Rolex or Omega is on my wrist. They're very weighty. The strap thingie might have something to do with it, though.

I say, go for it, Mezz!

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've learned to look at how the lugs and/or bracelet is constructed when looking at big watches for a small wrist. For example, the uPO is 45mm, but the bracelet end links stick straight out, making it about 55mm from top of one end link to the bottom of another. The HBB has integrated end links, but they are angled down, not straight out, so it wears smaller because it starts wrapping around your wrist sooner. 44mm PAMs wear even smaller because their lugs curve down in such a way that a strap can drop straight down and still look good.

As for me, I'm going with a classic, the SMP Chrono with single sided AR coating:

Wristshots018-1.jpg

Wristshots019.jpg

Because it's a hunk of (stainless) steel on your arm. Panerai are different. The Fiddy is enormous, and wears large, no doubt of that. But I find after a few seconds, I forget it's on my wrist.

I never forget a Rolex or Omega is on my wrist. They're very weighty. The strap thingie might have something to do with it, though.

I say, go for it, Mezz!

Thanks for the guidance all. I'm going to go for it!! I'm obsessed with that watch now. Interestingly, it's the only Pam that really appeals to me.

Also, that Bulgari really appeals to me.