When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

I Just Got My Po!

Savvy

Sorry for the "orangy" shots. Didn't mean it to be that way but I guess it goes along well with the theme :p

I am quite happy with it overall. :D Everything was just as I expected ...

(Do you see the AR so noticeable on the 1st pic :thumbsupsmileyanim: )

54693-35680.jpg

54693-35681.jpg

54693-35682.jpg

Until I snapped the clasp ... :blink:

There's a big gap between the clasp and the band! :(

54693-35683.jpg

So I contacted good 'ol Trusty on this to see what he can do about it. Again he came through for me. He's gonna give me $20.00 credit on my next order since the repair on this would be $15.00 according to my local watchmaker.

Trusty always takes care of his clients. :clap2::clap2:

So is that gap in the clasp an anomaly or just a flaw on all of them?

No worries guys, it's just an anomaly on the clasp lever where the notch is located which was bent way back thereby creating the gap. My watchmaker just bent it back the opposite way, and wallah .... :thumbsupsmileyanim:

54726-35673.jpg

Sorry for the "orangy" shots. Didn't mean it to be that way but I guess it goes along well with the theme :p

I am quite happy with it overall. :D Everything was just as I expected ...

(Do you see the AR so noticeable on the 1st pic :thumbsupsmileyanim: )

Until I snapped the clasp ... :blink:

There's a big gap between the clasp and the band! :(

54889-35645.jpg

So I contacted good 'ol Trusty on this to see what he can do about it. Again he came through for me. He's gonna give me $20.00 credit on my next order since the repair on this would be $15.00 according to my local watchmaker.

Trusty always takes care of his clients. :clap2::clap2:

I have the same problem. Do you think I can fix it myself? which part had to be bent back?

I have the same problem. Do you think I can fix it myself? which part had to be bent back?

Yes, you can do it yourself if you do it V E R Y gentle or you'll break it. It's too thin!!! (Now if I may borrow Gran's picture, thanks Gran :) ) This is the part that needs to be bent. It is very thin so proceed with caution as you bend it to become a "U" shape. Mine was almost straight. Once you got it bent toward that "U" shape, your clasp would just fall into place and fit perfectly with no more gaps. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

55137-35625.jpg

@ Rolexman: No need to heat it up or you'll be in more trouble than you've started it. All it needs is a gentle touch.

Edited by Savvy

Mine came in today too :thumbsupsmileyanim: . I was supposed to get a Black :whistling: but instead received an Orange. :( Oh well :bounce: It's too nice of a watch to complain about!

Mine had a bit of a gap, not nearly as bad as the one pictured, but a little friendly persuasion made it alright! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Stainless steel is a pretty soft steel so if you are careful you should be able to fix yourself. But don't bend it too far, cuzz when you bend it back is when it will more than likely break.

:victory:

Jon

Stainless steel is a pretty soft steel so if you are careful you should be able to fix yourself. But don't bend it too far, cuzz when you bend it back is when it will more than likely break.

:victory:

Jon

Then you could kiss it adieu :bye2: