When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Sub gen dial/hands

LordRasta

gen dials into MBWs are a common..ish upgrade so long as you want to spend that money into a rep.

on the vintage models, gen dials range from very expensive to mega expensive though if you were talking modern then the cost is much less as supply isnt limited in the way it is with the vintage models.

hands are trickier. sizes are different and so they dont fit onto the eta movement. most people source genuine tudor sub hands which are eta compatible if they want to go down the gen route

Edited by thewightstuff

LR,

If your talking vintage; gen 1680 dials do not fit in MBW/MKB's without trimming it down a little, it's about 1mm too large if you're thinking about a date sub. No date dials are 26mm and drops right in.

Along the lines of TWS said, Clarks on ebay sells very accurate ETA sub hands.

Good luck!

Dial yes. Hands no. I'll have to disagree with the PP on the Clark hands... I had a pair and threw them in the trash. Not accurate to my eye whatsoever. I've got some gen Tudor hands, and still prefer the regular MBW hands with appropriate lume. IMO, the MBW hands are very good. But if you're still not convinced, buy some other hands and sell me your MBWs. :)

Gen hands can be fit, but not an easy thing to do. You can experiment by trial and error, as I have done but it is not an easy task and the cost of parts adds up quickly. A watchmaker with a lathe is the way to go to make you custom parts to accept gen hands. For a rep, not really worth it in my opinion as the cost far outweighs the benefits. If you were building a franken with all gen parts, then maybe. I've done it, but I'm a bit neurotic and seek perfection.