When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

192 on Ti bracelet

andreww

I've got a 192 that I wear on various leather straps. When I purchased it, I passed on the opportunity to buy the Ti bracelet, as I prefer the look of leather on Pams. I know that particular bracelet is a hot item, but I am wondering if the genuine ever came with a matching Tantalium bracelet? In all my research, I have only come across gen 192s on light tan colored straps. Even in pictures showing the entire box set, there only seems to be the leather and rubber straps included. If there is no 192 bracelet for the gen, then why is the rep version so sought after?

And BTW, if someone could point me in the direction of an accurate aftermarket 192 strap (deployant) it would be appreciated!

main-4.php.jpg

main-8.php.jpg

main-13.php.jpg

main-11.php.jpg

main-1.php.jpg

Edited by andreww

Hey Andrew!

I have the same watch. However the bracelet, in terms of accuracy to the gen, is completely wrong. The gen's case is made out of Tantalium, a very different material of this beloved watch of yours (it's titanium). Since rep makers no longer make the 192 with Ti case, that is why it's so sought after. That's why the only way to see a gen 192 is either on leather or rubber straps.

Regarding the deployant: gen has a TANTALIUM deployant, and in rep world only a STAINLESS STEEL version is available. So you can give it a try and get one, so you can couple it with a gen Tantalium strap (I just saw one offered in da bay a few weeks back).

Best of luck on your watch and let me know any upgrades you might consider.

Cheers!

Yep that seller has the OEM strap that came with the gen 192 - very nice it is too.

The rep bracelet was fantasy (but looked bloody good) although the (24/22) SS/Ti did come with gens such as the 91 and other SS/Ti cases.

BTW Andrew, thanks for the Josh tip on sourcing replacement hands - sadly I've never dealt with him before so I doubt he'd source parts especially for me? By any chance do you want to part with one of your two spare sets? :unsure:

Pic of my 192 fitted with one of Leonello's crowns - crystal now away being AR'd - busy dial, needs it IMO.

picture13zz2.png

Yep that seller has the OEM strap that came with the gen 192 - very nice it is too.

The rep bracelet was fantasy (but looked bloody good) although the (24/22) SS/Ti did come with gens such as the 91 and other SS/Ti cases.

BTW Andrew, thanks for the Josh tip on sourcing replacement hands - sadly I've never dealt with him before so I doubt he'd source parts especially for me? By any chance do you want to part with one of your two spare sets? :unsure:

Pic of my 192 fitted with one of Leonello's crowns - crystal now away being AR'd - busy dial, needs it IMO.

picture13zz2.png

Nice crown Doc. Just today I took mine to the watchsmith for a Palp crown swap. Hope it's as good as yours.

On another note, was it too difficult to take out the crystal? I want to send mine too for some AR and then for a complete relume.

Tell me your thoughts!

Cheers!

Nice crown Doc. Just today I took mine to the watchsmith for a Palp crown swap. Hope it's as good as yours.

On another note, was it too difficult to take out the crystal? I want to send mine too for some AR and then for a complete relume.

Tell me your thoughts!

Cheers!

The crown swap is not that easy on the 192, involves some case/tube modification.

Nope on the crystal, popped the sucker out with my thumbs. Easy. Well 'easy' compared to doing the same with my 187 anyway :lol:

The crown swap is not that easy on the 192, involves some case/tube modification.

Nope on the crystal, popped the sucker out with my thumbs. Easy. Well 'easy' compared to doing the same with my 187 anyway :lol:

Seems IT IS easy! :lol:

I remember someone telling that for the crystal to come out was difficult because the chapter ring was attached in a weird way or something.

Well, let's hope for the best! I'll post some pics of mine with new crown if everything goes as planned.

Cheers!

Unfortunately I have only one spare set, and I want to keep those for obvious reasons. As for dealing with Josh, I had never had any dealings with him either, and he was very helpful to me. Its worth a try anyway!

I purchased it back in March. I'll double-check the price I paid the AD but I know myself. Had the AD wanted $250 for the strap, I would have walked.

Gator straps are not that far off selling for $315 (along the lines of other Mfr's straps). So the seller is crazy for selling just a strap for $275. If it came with a buckle I wouldn't complain. Maybe he should look at his listings and make sure he didn't intend to put in $279 HKD.

The strap color for the gen 192 is "butterscotch", which is a little lighter and more yellowish than the straps that have been shown. I paid $200 for the Gen.

Oh, if this is the butterscotch OEM, then I see them on Risti Accessory Corner sometimes. Not cheap, but not $250, that's for sure. I'd say around $150 with 95-99% use.

Seems to be tough to find a decent rep of this strap. Elliot seems to have a "Tantalium" strap that appears to be the right color, but it has a sewn in buckle. Are the sides of the gen strap dark or are they the same color as the top? Anybody want to point me in the right direction? I'm definitely not spending $200+ on a strap!