When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

SMP & SMP chrono

piratedzeus

Hey,

which of these would you describe as most accurate Out-of-the-Box?

know biggest flaws to me:

SMP Chrono:

Datefont, bracelet, red hands, seanaster

SMP:

Bracelet, HE Valve, Seanaster

I would do the Datefont mod on the SMP Chrono though some day.

What do you say. Gen hands + Eta 7750 is not a option ( eta 7750 too expensive)

The SMP chrono hands aren't 100%, but almost correct orange/red. The hand "tip" color is different on newer gens. And the datefont is only issue with the newer batch.

Neither of my SMP's have the "Seanaster" anywhere. The clasp markings are excellent.

SMP chrono Pics by Gioarmani:

His GEN VS. REP COMPARISON

Gen:

183008-6707.jpg

Rep:

183008-6708.jpg

Yep. And here's a gen SMP chrono, just older model. Hand "tip" color is more orange, just like on the rep. 95% of the preowned ones on Ebay have orange subdial hands... different than on Gio's genuine.

b029_3.JPG

I've been pricing out the parts for a Swiss 7750 and Gen Hands franken project...Aside from Ofrei.com, is there another good source for the hands?

BTW...the double AR on my crystal really makes the dial come alive! It's unfortunate that I effed-up my movement while tinkering. :(

I have both, and their both very good , the chrono has an issue with the crown and crown tube ( difficult to engage the winding mechanism, and find the correct notch to set date), and if you go for the non chrono depending on who you get it from you could get a bracelet with pins, I did and this was only last month, also make sure theres a 3oclock lume marker, Oh and go for the ETA.

I can still see the "Seanaster" error in the pictures posted. The SMP Chrono rep is missing a vertical line on the letter "m" in "Seamaster" which makes it look more like an "n." Definitely not something someone will spot with a cursory look, but something rep builders may want to fix in the future.