When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Double AR on Explorer II

World Traveller

I was looking at my Explorer II rep today and I was thinking that it would be nice to have AR put on it. This watch appears to have no AR on it. Has anyone tried it on this model yet and is there any concerns with the Rolex Bubble. I realize the gen of this watch does not appear to have AR.

Are u kidding? What's the point for coat AR on your rep in case the Gen didn't got any AR?

Also, the ExpII rep are not well made. Too many flaw on them. I rather save my the money for another good rep.

Best Regards,

Raymond

I was looking at my Explorer II rep today and I was thinking that it would be nice to have AR put on it. This watch appears to have no AR on it. Has anyone tried it on this model yet and is there any concerns with the Rolex Bubble. I realize the gen of this watch does not appear to have AR.

:blink:

:bangin:

1. No AR on gen (same with all Rolex)

2. Doesn't need it anyway (ditto above)

3. Would look weird

4. Would scream 'fake'

5. Cannot AR a crystal with cyclops attached without damage - 300 degrees C for hours will see to that ;)

i dont know why rolex doesnt at least put a single AR coating on the inside at least. They could glue the cyclops on afterwards. It would probably make a big difference on black dial watches like the submariners.

Also, the ExpII rep are not well made. Too many flaw on them. I rather save my the money for another good rep.

Totally disagree here. The black ExpII is probably the best Rolex replica ever done.

Here's bklm1234's correct hand stack ExpII:

croppedimage.jpg

Here's mine (don't own this anymore though)

3.jpg

dial.jpg

Thanks doc, I was thinking the cyclops might cause some trouble. I'm just getting used to the anti-glare on two other watches I have, the subtle AR on the Tag Aquaracer and my Seiko sportura. I thought it'd be fun to mod this watch a little. Maybe I'll look for a gen dial down the road, those sound pretty expensive though.