When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Guess Who's Back ? Joe !!!!

triplehd

This post couldn't come at a better time. With some recent flame sessions against Joe and some angry members voicing their frustration - well, when Joe said he'll be back soon, he wasn't lying - HE'S BACK ! :Jumpy:

Sent Joe an Omega SMP - originally purchased from Silix. Ask Joe to peform the following mods:

* Swap the Rep Dial with a Gen Dial (from Ofrei)

* Realign the bezel (thanks By-Tor for pointing it out)

* Fix the clasp (broken pressure pin)

Not only did Joe perform these mods, but when I talked to Joe last night (thanks for taking my call Joe) he told me that he an extra blue insert that was more correct in color to the gen than what my rep had. I asked Joe if he can swap insert and Joe said no problemo. Not only does he swap the inserts, but he went the extra yard and swapped out pearls.

Here some pics from Joe:

55328-35596.jpg

And another:

55328-35597.jpg

And one more for good measure:

55328-35598.jpg

And for those who are wondering or will ask - yes, I sent Joe my watch many many months ago. However, when Joe fell ill and posted that his asmtha was preventing him from doing any mods, I reached out to him, as did many other members, wishing him a speedy recovery. In addition, like many members did, I told him that my watch could wait - his health and his family comes first, which I can understand and relate to.

Every know and then, I would give Joe a call and see how he was doing. For some members who didn't believe Joe about his health, I wished you could have heard how he sounded on the phone. There was no way he was going to any mods, he sound like death. Even with the simplest of mods - like swapping out a dial - I told Joe not to worry about the watches, that members like me understand and could wait until he was back to full health.

Well, Joe PMed me yesturday about my watch and I gave him a call. We talked for a good hour and he told me that he was feeling alot better and that he would start working on my watch. Mind you, this was at 10 PM EST. Checked my e-mail and what did I find - pics of my modded watch from Joe. Unbelievable. When I saw the pics, I immediately replied back to Joe with the words - F*CKIN AWESOME JOB !

For those members who have waited patiently and are still waiting - continue to have faith in Joe and DO NOT WORRY. YOUR WATCHES ARE COMING !

Joe - many thanks for taking my calls and doing an unbelievable job on my watch. I have always been extremely satisfied not only with your mods, but taking the time to answer my e-mails and taking my calls. You go out of your way to provide me with in-depth details of watches and mods that I would not have learned anywhere else.

Glad to hear triplehd...

I'm sure you will like it. If this is one of the older more accurate Omega's, then this will be one of your favorites...

It is....got it about a 1 1/2 years ago from Silix. Heavy watch. Great sturdy bracelet. Now with Joe's mods - can I say I got the best SMP rep?

glad u love it , and lately i have been slow but im still going to do a great job , just have to take my time these days thats all , enjoy it and thanks for your support, at least i have learned who my real friends r , take care joe

Wow, triplehp, what a stunning watch! Joe has had my Cartier Santos 100 for at least two and half months, but I stand behind him, because I know he's been through a really rough patch. Joe is an honest person, a good guy through and through. And I am so happy to see that he built you a world-beater--enjoy your gorgeous watch when it arrives!

glad u love it , and lately i have been slow but im still going to do a great job , just have to take my time these days thats all , enjoy it and thanks for your support, at least i have learned who my real friends r , take care joe

Joe - no problem on the support. I owe you the thanks - you did one hell of a job on the watch, as well as my other watches, as usual.

And if this is any indication, for everyone else waiting on their watches - Joe will come through. Just give him time to get back to 100% health. :D