When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Two-Tone Aquaracer Chrono is out!

By-Tor

From King's site.

Personally, I'm not interested. The blue stainless steel version is pure perfection, but I'm not sure what to think about the two-tone model. Actually I wasn't even aware there's a two-tone version of this watch. Can someone verify there's a gen of this?

TAG-077-6.jpg

TAG-077.jpg

TAG-077-12.jpg

TAG-077-2.jpg

TAG-077-6.jpg

Hideous. Sorry guys.

EDIT: Tag Heuer Official site:

"For maintenance reasons this page is temporarily unavailable.

Thank you for your understanding."

EDIT #2: From "TheWatchery.com":

thattix4.jpg

EDIT #3: :p Still can't find the TT, but in Montres-Luxe I found THIS beauty (sorry to thread-crap, By-Tor!):

Aquaracer Calibre S Regatta de Tag Heuer

thregattaaquaqv3.jpg

...love to get it for my boyfriend!

Yeah, it looks a bit clumsy on tt. That was my initial impression too.

Gold doesn't usually go well with big and sporty watches.

@Vic: That's the old date-only model with different pushers. But yeah, I'm sure there's a gen tt version of the day/date as well. Thanks.

Woops didnt see the edit . I keep comparing it to my avatar and I like the daytona 2 tone a lot more...I mean I like the watch in all other colors but this 1 is almost too sporty of a watch to be worn in 2 tone were as the daytona is classy and a little sporty, i really dont think I'd be able to pull it off for some reason...Im impartial I guess...

Id rather have 1 of these:

7f2c_1.JPG

Edited by UB7

Woops didnt see the edit . I keep comparing it to my avatar and I like the daytona 2 tone a lot more...I mean I like the watch in all other colors but this 1 is almost too sporty of a watch to be worn in 2 tone were as the daytona is classy and a little sporty, i really dont think I'd be able to pull it off for some reason...Im impartial I guess...

It's the size difference.

Like I said, gold looks just wrong on "oversized macho watches". Daytona looks and feels extremely small (and almost feminine), when you put it next to the 'Racer. Personally, I don't care about any TT/gold Daytonas, either... but I agree the gold doesn't look that much "out of place" on a Daytona.

best3.jpg

In addition to the size, I think the bezel also has alot to do with it...Looks very sporty...Great side by side comparison, the 2 best colors of both watches, and I do like the aquaracer alot in that color too~

Edited by UB7

@BT, there isn't a TT version of the new c.16 DD Racer, at least not in Europe. And thank god, because that is one fugly POS :yuk:

@VB - don't bother, the Calibre S version is a bit of a dog - oh the pics look nice, and I had a deposit down in 2005 prior to them shelving it literally weeks before release :angry: due to movement issues. Time moves on however, and unfortunately (or fortunately for me) in the interim until the eventual release this year, they did not take the oppotunity to upgrade the case, and it uses the same weedy 41mm case as the old 'Racer chrono. Movt is interesting though nothing special in comparison to what they're doing elsewhere (V4, c.360 LS). Comes in two colours - washed out-blue and insipid grey :yuk: And on the wrist? Zzzzzz...... Honestly if I had to, I think the Link Calibre S is much sharper and that's coming from someone who really dislikes the Link series.

I have seen the TT version at an AD, so it's out there. Doesn't look as bad in person, but I'd agree, just not right for such a sporty watch. Just ask yourself, how would this look on a rubber strap? there's your answer.

Btw, the calibre s looks great in pictures but cheap looking in real life imho.