When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My Mbw 1665

halley

55386-35572.jpg

55386-35573.jpg

55386-35574.jpg

55386-35575.jpg

55386-35576.jpg

55386-35577.jpg

55386-35578.jpg

55386-35579.jpg

55386-35580.jpg

55386-35581.jpg

55386-35582.jpg

55386-35583.jpg

I tried my best to realign the dial with the date window, I jumped on the occasion to fit gen crown+ tube, but the tube doesn't appear to be perfectly straight despite all my efforts, strange :g:

I removed the black paint of the caseback...

thin CG, lugs & superdome to come (I know it's not a DRSD but...I like the superdome and I will perhaps turn it into a DR down the road)

Good job on the date window. That was the FIRST thing I noticed as I was scrolling through the pictures BEFORE I even got to your explanation of having corrected it. Good work man. I haven't gone that far into a tear down . . . yet. I've only done the bezel and crystal. The crown on mine was already done when I got it.

I know it's not a DRSD but...I like the superdome and I will perhaps turn it into a DR down the road.

Halley, if you ever decide to go DR, let me know - I'd be happy to swap dials with you. I want to go white letter on mine. The grass is always seemingly greener . . .

Great job Ludo!! Aligning the datewheel with the window is never easy- As I've done a good number of these (along with swapping the datewheel overlay), I know exactly how frustrating that task can be!

Looking forward to seeing the finished product! This watch is already gorgeous! When the mods are done, it's going to be a jaw dropper :o

;)

IIRC, the genuine movement is not a direct fit, there are a few thread speaking about that movement swap...

Cheap solution is either to fit a 2846, or and better is to use an AS with the correct gen date wheel overlay, because date changes CCW like the gen but ask probably more $$$, Randy can speak about this I believe!

Indeed- The low cost solution to getting a slow beat like the vintage is the 2846. It's a 21600bph movement, so the seconds hand has the same staggered sweep like the genuine 1570/5 (I'm looking at mine on my wrist while I type).

The AS is a much better alternative as the date does rotate in the same direction as gen (counter-clockwise). I posted pics of my AS movements and gen datewheels in manuel's thread here. The genuine silver datewheels are expensive! And that's if you can find one (I spent a solid month looking for one, and luckily I ended up with two); the AS movements I purchased for $8 each. They run but only barely, so they'll need to be serviced and overhauled.